The 2011 end of year Fort Myers Beach real estate market statistics for both home and condominium sales are listed below.
Fort Myers Beach is the "happening" locale on Southwest Florida's Lee Island Coast. The Beach offers every amenity you can imagine-from seven miles of wide sandy beaches, golf, boating, fishing and more than anything else - relaxing. The Beach is definitely eclectic and diverse; it draws visitors from all over the world and you'll find all sorts of folks from generations of families to Easter Break kids. There's nothing else quite like it anywhere in Southwest Florida.
Fort Myers Beach Real Estate Sales Data
- Total Sales of 360 versus 309 in 2010 - up 16%.
- 113 Homes Sold versus 99 in 2010 - up 11%.
- Average Sales Price for Homes - $445,386 - up 10%
- Median Sales Price for Homes - $320,000 - down 3%.
- Average Days on Market for Homes was 169 versus 157 in 2010.
- 247 Condos Sold versus 210 in 2010 - up 18%.
- Average Sales Price for Condos - $333,711 - up 3%
- Median Sales Price for Condos - $275,000 - down 7%.
- Average Days on Market for Condos was 184 versus 178 in 2010.
At the end of the December, there were 472 active residential properties listed in the Fort Myers MLS. That's a decrease of 18% versus this time last year.
Fort Myers Beach Closed Property Sales 2009 - 2011
As we head into the 2012 season, the data shows prices are rising and the inventory continues to fall. Having had back to back to back top sales years (2009, 10 & 11) in the areas history is truly quite astonishing in this market climate. The bottom line is you need to be prepared for having less choice when it comes to purchasing a home or condo this season. And, in all likelihood, you're going to pay a little more for it this year too.
*Sales Statistics Data from FMLS