The mid-year 2012 Bonita Springs real estate market statistics for both home and condominium sales are listed below. Bonita Springs is one of the most dynamic coastal communities within all of Southwest Florida. Known as the "Gateway to the Gulf", the city features numerous picture postcard perfect beaches, charming neighborhoods, and championship golf courses.
Bonita Springs Real Estate Sales Data
- Total Sales of 949 versus 1,044 in 2011 - down 9%.
- 485 Homes Sold versus 518 in 2011 - down 6%.
- Average Sales Price for Homes - $445,110 - up 8.5%.
- Median Sales Price for Homes - $271,000 - up 1.5%.
- Average Days on Market for Homes was 121 versus 172 in 2012 - down 30%.
- 464 Condos Sold versus 524 in 2011 - down 11.5%.
- Average Sales Price for Condos - $287,124 - up 5%.
- Median Sales Price for Condos - $207,750 - up 7.7%.
- Average Days on Market for Condos was 179 versus 189 in 2012 - down 5%.
At the end of the June, there were 1,037 active residential properties on the market. That's a decrease of 17% versus the end of last year. Of those, only 23 were listed as foreclosures and 52 as a short sale. There are 307 properties that are currently under contract and pending sale.
Bonita Springs Closed Property Sales 2010 - 2012
After three consecutive years of overall recording breaking sales, a pullback was not to be unexpected. A lot of the decrease has to do with the drop in inventory. Things are fairly slim in the market, especially on the lower end. It is also helping to push prices higher. Not dramatically, but enough that it is beginning to make a difference.
Sales Statistics Compiled from BEAR and NABOR MLS. Data is thought to be reliable but is not guaranteed to be accurate.