Sandy Springs homes for sale, like many markets in North Fulton, have not suffered the slowdown of Metro Atlanta as a whole or the rest of the country for that matter. I am not trying to paint a perfect picture here, but, some of what we hear on television and the news does not necessarily apply to us here on a local level. Here is a snapshot of Sandy Springs homes for sale compared with all of Metro Atlanta.
- There are 501 Sandy Springs homes for sale.
- 42 homes in Sandy Springs are working on an offer.
- 91 homes sold in the last 3 months.
- The absorption rate to sell all Sandy Springs homes is 16 months.
Now these numbers may not sound like a hot market, but, you have to consider something very important when you look at market statistics like these. The average value of a home is $706,000 If we look at the Greater Metro Atlanta area and compared apples to apples - that is, homes similar in value, we will see what I am talking about.
The first thing you will see is that in all of Atlanta, there have been 237 homes sold between $650,000 and $750,000 in the same time period. That means that Sandy Springs homes sold make up 38% of all the sales.
- There are 1,531 homes for sale in Atlanta at this price point.
- There are 81 homes working on offers - 42 in Sandy Springs.
- The absorption rate for all of Metro Atlanta is over 19 months compared with about 16 months in Sandy Springs.
So if you look and see what happens when you compare apples to apples, you can get a better idea of the true conditions in the market. In the case of Sandy Springs homes for sale, that market is not so bad.