Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: For new members

Default Re: For new members

Perhaps we should all collaborate on a Google Docs document. I can create on if you guys PM me your email so I can add you in to help derive the list.
    Steve Castaneda, Realtor
    Keller Williams Realty

I'm a Realtor in Houston, Texas and in my spare time, I write at this blog dedicated to real estate technology for agents. I originally created this Houston Real Estate site and switched to REW - awesome decision.

I think we should start a separate thread for authority sites. To answer your question Spanish, I started running searches on my articles last night & found about 50 sites that were using them & claiming them as their own work. One woman even retitled it, added a new intro, and then pasted the body of the article & claimed the article as her own. So...this makes me mad, but it's also 50 sites that could potentially paste my author bio - so around 150 potential on-topic backlinks. I've emailed them all, and nicely asked that they include the author bio.

Question for moderators: How would you feel about starting an "unethical realtors plagiarising real estate content" thread where we could post the names & websites of the repeat offenders? I'd love to start that thread in the article writing section.

BTW - I've already received 3 emails back from agents who are adding my author bio.

Question for moderators: How would you feel about starting an "unethical realtors plagiarising real estate content" thread where we could post the names & websites of the repeat offenders? I'd love to start that thread in the article writing section.
    I think this would be a great idea if we all REALLY keep track. It's important that it stay on topic however, and we have a standard for posting offenders.

Could we also have a template email to send them so that we all know what to send these offenders?
    Steve Castaneda, Realtor
    Keller Williams Realty

I'm a Realtor in Houston, Texas and in my spare time, I write at this blog dedicated to real estate technology for agents. I originally created this Houston Real Estate site and switched to REW - awesome decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ericbramlett View Post
    BTW - I've already received 3 emails back from agents who are adding my author bio.
    Haha, what did they say about it; anything?
    Steve Castaneda, Realtor
    Keller Williams Realty

Just apologized & said they would post the author bio. Here's a copy of the email I send to them.

Re: Article Title on website.com/url

I'm happy that you find my article informative. I work very hard on my
    articles, and am glad when others find them worthwhile enough to repost on
    their own websites. However, I do always request that I receive credit for
    my articles. This can be done by placing my small author bio @ the bottom
    of the page where the article is posted. You can find a copy of my author
    bio where the article was originally published, or you can email me for it.

Thanks!

Eric

Great; thanks for posting that. Since I've just started writing I want to make sure that I keep track of this as my backlinks grow.
    Steve Castaneda, Realtor
    Keller Williams Realty

Quote Originally Posted by ericbramlett View Post
    Use articlesender.com - the free service is sufficient there.
    This is an old thread I found searching for "articlesender". I imagine that since there has not been much talk about it since, that it has fallen out of favor. In any case, I thought I would ask what others here think about this service and any others like it...
    Ted Amenta
    Breckenridge Real Estate Broker
    For Breckenridge Real Estate in Breckenridge Colorado visit www.amenta.com.

Thanks! Great information!
    We are Nashville's Real Estate, Property Management, Investment Property, and Rental Housing leader! Tandem Realty Nashville strives to provide the best customer service anywhere in the real estate, housing services or commercial market. Customers choose Tandem Realty Nashville due to our expertise, focus, drive, dedication and care for our customers.

Page 2 of 2 First 12