Page 10 of 13 First ... 678910111213 Last

Default Re: How many times did it take you to pass the State exam?

I found that studying the terms was the most important thing. If you understand all the terms - the questions are then pretty easy. I admire your passion and wish you success this time.
    Wayne Long
    Search all the ColumbusHomeShow.com/idx listed in the Columbus MLS
    as well as FortBenningPCS.com and area info.
    Check out the ColumbusHomeShow.com and area info.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAkman View Post
    Hi everyone I'm a 24 year old banker from California. I took the real estate principles course through Rockwell Institute online about 3 years ago. I have also taken the state exam 2 times now and failed both times my last score was a 58% I know sad huh? I'm extremley passionate about getting into real estate so much that I'm leaving my job to pursue this career.
    Someone please give me advice!!!!!!

My advice would be "Don't quit your day job." Seriously.

The market is really tough right now. Passion is good but you need to be balanced. There's no sense in being unemployed if you can't even practice in the field that you're passionate about.

I've said it before. "The first rule of wing-walking is: don't let go of something until you've got ahold of something else."
    Denton Real Estate is the premiere website for home buyers in the North Texas area. If you're looking for Denton, Tx Real Estate, find your way home at DentonRealEstate.com.

Texas exam was easy if you were good at exams in college... passed both the state and national sections first time in under an hour. it's your typical multiple choice exam where if you don't know the answer straight off you can eliminate and have a 50/50 chance on questions.

Joe
    Austin Real Estate | Austin Texas Real Estate | Austin Texas Real Estate

If you'd like a guest blog post on either of my sites, feel free to shoot me a note. If you think your site should be on my blog roll, let me know.

I passed both my Agents, and the a few years later, Brokers exam first time out. Now my Notary Exam, failed that though. Will try again this Summer.

Now one thing that made me mad, on my Brokers Exam I was asked a question on Divorce and just completely disagree why we are required to know divorce law for selling houses. They should concentrate more on Fair Housing and practical application that who owns what in a divorce. If I am dealing with a divorce, I deal with the divorce attorneys!
    Larry Jensen, Principal Broker
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Red"]St. Lawrence Properties, LLC[/COLOR][/FONT]
    (203) 883.0883
    www.SLPNYCT.com
    Real Estate & Property Management
    My Blog: St. Lawrence Properties Blog

Thats wierd. Espically because we are always told, at least in Texas, to never ever give legal advice.

Yeah, I'm with Escapeso. We're specifically told not to get into those areas. Besides, marital rights can/should be handled outside of the RE transaction. Either through a pre-nup, divorce decree, or some other binding civil document.

Personally, I don't think it's any of my business or concern as to how divorcing couples handle their assets. All I should be concerned about is that the parties selling the house are the owners and legally have the right to sell it.

Side Note: I think it's pretty funny that you passed the agent and broker exams right off the bat ... but failed the notary test. It's like hitting a home run and then tripping over 3rd base and twisting your ankle. I'm sure you'll get it next time.
    Denton Real Estate is the premiere website for home buyers in the North Texas area. If you're looking for Denton, Tx Real Estate, find your way home at DentonRealEstate.com.

Quote Originally Posted by ISellRiverview View Post
    I don't know about in other states but I've been told here in Florida, the State exam has a 70% FAIL rate. They say its as hard as taking the bar exam for lawyers. Did you pass your first try (c'mon, be honest)? I am getting nervous as my date approaches to take the test, and I know several people who are realtors now that took it 2 and 3 times or missed it by a point or two. I am taking a weekend prep course the weekend before so I am hoping I pass the first try!
    Well, I passed the 2nd time because I was too cocky the first go around and didnt look at the book although I failed by 1 point. Regarding it being as hard as the bar exam, if that is the case I might as well go take the bar. My brother is an atty and I remember the level of studying he did back in law school and then to take the bar, and I can tell you that there is no way the real estate exam is even remotely as difficult as the bar exam...but that is just me talking
    Tampa Real Estate | Tampa Foreclosures | Tampa Real Estate Blog

Team Masse services the Tampa Bay Real Estate market as well as the following areas: Apollo Beach, Riverview, Ruskin, Brandon, Lithia, Valrico, Gibsonton, South Tampa, and Channelside District along with St Petersburg and Clearwater. Referals are always welcomed and given.

Quote Originally Posted by NY RE Broker View Post
    I passed both my Agents, and the a few years later, Brokers exam first time out. Now my Notary Exam, failed that though. Will try again this Summer.

Now one thing that made me mad, on my Brokers Exam I was asked a question on Divorce and just completely disagree why we are required to know divorce law for selling houses. They should concentrate more on Fair Housing and practical application that who owns what in a divorce. If I am dealing with a divorce, I deal with the divorce attorneys!
    I can see why they would ask questions regarding divorce since I was just served a summons regarding a home that the ex wife is living in and the husband is trying to sell and all the issues from this situation
    Tampa Real Estate | Tampa Foreclosures | Tampa Real Estate Blog

Team Masse services the Tampa Bay Real Estate market as well as the following areas: Apollo Beach, Riverview, Ruskin, Brandon, Lithia, Valrico, Gibsonton, South Tampa, and Channelside District along with St Petersburg and Clearwater. Referals are always welcomed and given.

Quote Originally Posted by tsteuwer View Post
    Actually, Florida is 40 core law questions, 40 general practice questions and 10 math questions.

I know because I failed 4 times before passing on my 5th, lol. Florida's State Exam is incredibly hard if you do not study. I was stupid enough to not to start the State test until 6 months after my pre-license.

Don't do what I did! It's a killer.

Do you recall any of the harder/interesting questions?
    [I'd like to see how many know the answers.]
    Jon Karlen
    Louisville Real Estate - Lake Forest Louisville KY Homes for Sale - Lexington Kentucky Real Estate
    Serving the Louisville KY metropolitan area including Jefferson County - Prospect Shelby County - Shelbyville Oldham County - Goshen, La Grange and the Lexington KY metropolitan area including Fayette County - Lexington Woodford County - Versailles Scott County - Georgetown Jessamine County - Nicholasville

Page 10 of 13 First ... 678910111213 Last