Default AZ Real Estate Exam

I am studying for the Arizona Real estate exam. The amount of info seems enormous. Has anyone taken this test recently, and do they have any tips. I read, and complete the practice questions every day? I really want to pass on try #1?

Thanks for any help.

Dan

Default Re: AZ Real Estate Exam

If you get to where you can answer the questions in the four different colored packages you should pass with ease.

My wife and I quizzed each other over and over from those packages and we both passed with high marks. The key is repetition.

Good Luck!

P.S. If your energetic, motivated, bright, and have unquestionable ethics give me a shout when you pass your exam. (If you have not already chosen a place to work)
    Last edited by Salt River Media; 06-28-2005 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dantart
    ...and do they have any tips.
    My tip is this, "learn" the material don't simply memorize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt River Media
    If you get to where you can answer the questions in the four different colored packages you should pass with ease.

My wife and I quizzed each other over and over from those packages and we both passed with high marks. The key is repetition.

Good Luck!

P.S. If your energetic, motivated, bright, and have unquestionable ethics give me a shout when you pass your exam. (If you have not already chosen a place to work)

They gave me a yellow, green, and grey package. Is there supposed to be a fourth? Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.

writing everything down on index cards worked good for me since there are a lot of definitions to learn. you can take them with you and just keep fliping them. The test is easier compared to school.

Good luck

Good Luck ..

read daily, when you are finish reading read more of it.
    and yes always go for first try passing. wanna go out tonight ? no read more
    Looking for [COLOR=Teal]Bay Area Real Estate[/COLOR] or are you searching for [COLOR=Teal]Foreclosures[/COLOR] visit my sites. Coming to CA and like to know [COLOR=Teal]Things to do in California[/COLOR].

I just passed my license exam today. Not AZ, but FL(Florida).

I tried several study strategies/methods/techniques (whatever you wanna call them)

A) I tried reading what I thought were the most important parts of each chapter and memorizing them.

B) I went out and bought the Florida Exam Practice Manual which contained a sh*tload of sample questions and I tried to memorize all the multiple choice questions and answers

C) I gave in to the tedious and boring task of just simply reading the entire book from cover to cover 3 times in a row. First round - 1 chapter every couple days, Second round - about 2 chapters ever couple days, 3 round - I started at 3 chapters per day but by the 6th chapter I started just reading 1 chapter per day.

Plan A was a joke; I don't recommend it.

Many people try plan B) The problem for me personally was that when answering a multiple choice question, you only learn one scenario of that particular subject. What about learning the meanings, concepts and rules behind the other 3 possible answers? They weren't the correct answer for that particular multiple choice question, but what if one of those terms/answers that you didn't chose is something that pops up on the State Exam? It would take forever flipping through each chapter to find the answer of the multiple choice question and flipping through the chapter a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time in order to find out the meanings/concepts behind the terms/answers that you didn't chose for that particular question.

C worked best for me. I don't think there is any easy way out. I tried; and the "easy ways" actually turned out to be more time consuming, more stressful, and more brain draining than simply opening the book and learning the material from one end of the book to the other. I was much happier and felt I had a much deeper understanding of real estate when I just read all the material in order.

Later

The things I read in the book didn't make sense until I started 2 actually do Real Estate - I believe you learn as you go in Real Estate.

Congrats :-) and now go interview with all your local Brokers to see who will give you the must training, then later as you become experience go find someone with better Commission pay-out or both....and Remember it won't be easy money, you have to have a plan of action to execute to the top, then back it up with lot's of hard work. go out and get business cards with a picture and start giving it away to families, friends anmd neighbors.
    Last edited by Jnazareno; 07-09-2005 at 10:03 AM.
    Looking for [COLOR=Teal]Bay Area Real Estate[/COLOR] or are you searching for [COLOR=Teal]Foreclosures[/COLOR] visit my sites. Coming to CA and like to know [COLOR=Teal]Things to do in California[/COLOR].

Rillastate - congrats! Now we have to get you a site up. Although you dont know a lot about your market, or the best way to present content etc yet, you should still get a jump on your link building, and get a domain out there (It takes 6-12 months to rank on google so starting now will be a huge benefit)

If you want some help setting up a site, let me know - I can spend some time with you on MSN or something, help you get a domain etc. My msn is seoguy@seo-guy.com

Anyways congrats again, on passing your exam - and dont forget we have the referrals contest http://www.realestatewebmasters.com/thread2865.html first prize is a free real estate site, so tell your friends
    Cheers
    Have you liked REW yet? Want good karma? Share REW with friends