Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Default Re: Multiple Websites vs One Website

I think if you can manage more than one, it is better. It would be difficult to target all long-tails in one website. My main concern is how much do I want to spend on hosting a million websites? I am about to launch my second, though setting up will be easy... original content is what will take time and then again back-links. I think in the end, it is a go!
    Rally Realty - Santee Real Estate

I agree with Cyprus, but i believe in branding one website vs. multiple. Branding strategy is the key in a business model. Multiple sites should be done on sub domain. the further you spread out, i believe the more you dilute. My opinion.

I only have one site now but am planning to build more. Can you have too many leads in a market like this? If I do get more than I can manage, I will just give them to other agents in my office to work.

thesynergygroupoftn (dot) com
    thesynergygroupoftn (dot) com/nashville-condos
    Last edited by Malok; 03-14-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: place links in sig

Multiple websites can be a good thing provided you are able to get them to generate a decent ROI (directly, or indirectly).

Major pitfalls include: additional time costs, money costs, and the ability to split up your effort across multiple projects and still get the additional sites to rank.

I'd rather have 1 site that ranks, than 5,000 that don't.
    Jon Karlen
    Louisville Real Estate - Lake Forest Louisville KY Homes for Sale - Lexington Kentucky Real Estate
    Serving the Louisville KY metropolitan area including Jefferson County - Prospect Shelby County - Shelbyville Oldham County - Goshen, La Grange and the Lexington KY metropolitan area including Fayette County - Lexington Woodford County - Versailles Scott County - Georgetown Jessamine County - Nicholasville

I have several websites specific to the niche I am working on: one for buyers, one for distressed sellers, one for investors/wholesalers, one as a landing page and so on. The main sites' content is static, but linked to Blogs, therefore the content stays current and it gets better positioning in the search engines.
    [FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="green"]Get a Free Report on "The 8 Most Profitable Real Estate Niches" at www.BestRealEstateNiches.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

As one very knowledgeable representative, from the biggest SE company in the world commented to us, is that if done properly, can be very effective, and offer many more benefits. We build landing pages, and soon will be testing multiple landing pages vs. one landing page. Focusing on one or two different services that our client would like to promote on each site (landing page).
    We don't have any statistics yet, but as soon as I am allowed to release any info about it, I will.
    I hope this is helpful

I tend to agree with MALOK and he must know what he's talking about with PR5 for louisvillehomepros,com

I think building as many websites as you can handle is the way to go. Either hyper local or niche sites in addition to your main site.
    [COLOR="Black"]
    Do Follow, Keyword Luv, Comment Luv enabled Tampa Real Estate

Realtor Directory[/COLOR]

Brandon Florida Real Estate

Quote Originally Posted by LauraAlAmery View Post
    I have several websites specific to the niche I am working on: one for buyers, one for distressed sellers, one for investors/wholesalers, one as a landing page and so on. The main sites' content is static, but linked to Blogs, therefore the content stays current and it gets better positioning in the search engines.
    I think that does have great potential. Would you mind sharing some of your URL's for review?

Wow. A post from 2005. I have really one site that makes me money. The rest of them are just fluff but it costs next to nothing to create a simple wordpress site. The biggest expense is time.
    Marc Rasmussen
    Broker/Owner of DWELL Real Estate in Sarasota, Florida
    DwellingWell.com

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last