Unhappy Can I sell a house after just 2 months of purchase?(VA LOAN)

Hi I'm in a pickle and need some advice. I bought a house about 2 months ago and my wife and I are having some personal disagreements that will most likely end up in a divorce. She doesn't want to deal with anything that relates to the house. She said she'd sign whatever paper needed to give me full rights on the house. She just want to pack up and go back to her mom's house so I'll be by myself in a 2000sq ft house (we don't have any kids). I'm active duty and will be going on deployment in December and when i get back my contract with the Navy will be up and most likely I'll be going back to my country (Brazil) so there's no sense for me to be keeping the house. I don't expect or neither care, about making any profit on the house. I just want to get rid of the loan. I'm in Florida and of course I'm using a VA loan. What are my options? I really would like to get this issue solved before I leave in December.

Default Re: Can I sell a house after just 2 months of purchase?(VA LOAN)

it wont be easy and I bet you will have to come out of pocket to get from under the home. I am sure you financed 100% and rolled closing cost into it.
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

Thumbs up Re: Can I sell a house after just 2 months of purchase?(VA LOAN)

First of all I'd like to thank you for your reply but allow me to ask one more question. Yes I know I might come with some expenses out of pocket and yes i got a 100% loan. The house I bought from a elder couple and it was priced at $150k as a short sale. They really wanted to get rid of the house so they first tried to sell it as a short sale but they didn't want to wait for the long period a short sale usually take so they came up with the rest of the money to cover whatever difference they had on the loan. So they sold to me at that price as a regular sale so it would speed up the process plus the typical 3% seller closing costs assistance. Anyways, after all the taxes and VA funding fee I got a loan for $156k. The house was apraised at $165k and i started to do some leg work already and the houses that are similar to mine are actually being sold around this price. As you should know, VA loans don't have penalties if you pre pay them as it is stated on my contract, but I'm trying to look for if there's a minimum period that i have to be in the house before i sell the house since it's a VA loan. Without prolonging more my question is, do you think i can minimize my lost? I was thinking into get another appraisal and I'm pretty sure it will be about the same, list that way(let's $165k) and if I can get enought just to cover the loan I'll bite whatever other costs that might come. *sigh* this is giving me serious migranes and a few gray hair bro. Again, thanks for your reply.

Smile Re: Can I sell a house after just 2 months of purchase?(VA LOAN)

Thanks for the answer. Well I figured i'd be loosing money, which i'd rather to than to hold onto a house that has no use to me and ended up wasting 6+ months of mortgage in a house nobody will be living in it. *sigh* im going to end up with a head full of gray hair.

What area of florida are you in? We can put you in touch with one of our members locally and they would be happy to provide you with some free information regarding local mortgage stipulations etc (and of course they will assist you with listing the house if that is what you choose)
    Have you liked REW yet? Want good karma? Share REW with friends

Thumbs up Re: Can I sell a house after just 2 months of purchase?(VA LOAN)

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    What area of florida are you in? We can put you in touch with one of our members locally and they would be happy to provide you with some free information regarding local mortgage stipulations etc (and of course they will assist you with listing the house if that is what you choose)
    Thanks. I'm in Jacksonville. Argyle Forest is the name of the neighborhood.

It is very important to read the initial agreement made between the seller, lender, and you to see if there are any contingencies and or requirements of the agreement that are forcing you to keep the property for a certain period of time before selling. Of course I would recommend that you work things out with your significant other, but if that is not possible, you should be fine as long as there are no discrepancies in the initial agreements. Also, it is definitely possible that you will be losing money as you have acknowledged before so speak to a divorce attorney just to confirm a few things up as well.
    I am an agent at Red Blue Realty. Red Blue Realty offers a full line of Real Estate Services to meet clients needs. Whether your looking for Los Angeles Real Estate, Hollywood Real Estate, or any other services within the San Fernando Valley, We're here for you :]

I am wondering if you ever did sell your house and if there were any issues as I too am in a similar situation.