Default Internet Explorer Problems

I rarely use Internet Explorer. I usually use Firefox for my agent account and Chrome for my admin account.

However, this morning on my computer, I opened IE. (Update Version 9.0.5.) For some reason the photos on my website would haphazardly display or show as hollow gray boxes, plus, I am unable to login to the backend. When I press the Sign In button, the button blinks but the browser doesn't start logging me in.

I tested Internet Explorer on 2 other computers and those have no problem with IE. It's just my home computer. Do I have some settings wrong or something somewhere?
    Randy Watson Texas Real Estate Agent
    Mission Realty - San Antonio Texas
    www.satxproperty.com

Default Re: Internet Explorer Problems

IE has really become a "pig with wings"...watch me fly I know most folks out there use it. I don't know how to fix your problem but maybe try reducing your security settings until something changes. That is usually where I have see things go a bit weird.
    John Woodward, GRI, CRS
    Sarasota Real Estate Group is the first place to look to find an exceptional home in the paradise known as the Southwest Florida Gulf Coast.

See if you are in Compatibility mode or not.

I had Compatibility mode as a default for awhile and finally figured out it was messing me up on a lot of sites. Switched it off and my problems went away.

Comparability mode is the devil. I'll go back to Firefox...
    Randy Watson Texas Real Estate Agent
    Mission Realty - San Antonio Texas
    www.satxproperty.com

I gave up on IE and went with Firefox. No problems and it actually works....and works fast. Our MLS will only work with IE so that is all I use it for. IE has really become bloated and I think all the "stuff" they add is to cause it to run slow so you go out and by a new computer. Good ole Micro$oft.
    John Woodward, GRI, CRS
    Sarasota Real Estate Group is the first place to look to find an exceptional home in the paradise known as the Southwest Florida Gulf Coast.

Firefox is the win. Like it much better than IE.
    Jon Karlen
    Louisville Real Estate - Lake Forest Louisville KY Homes for Sale - Lexington Kentucky Real Estate
    Serving the Louisville KY metropolitan area including Jefferson County - Prospect Shelby County - Shelbyville Oldham County - Goshen, La Grange and the Lexington KY metropolitan area including Fayette County - Lexington Woodford County - Versailles Scott County - Georgetown Jessamine County - Nicholasville

Chances are your website was produced and launched pre-IE 9 and you are now having compatibility issues (rendering) due to how IE handles your sites code differently than previous versions. Flash / CSS taht sort of thing all have their issues. You need to contact your vendor and have them update your site / diagnose / repair - because it is an IE caused issue, it would be something you should expect them to ask you to pay for unfortunately
    Have you liked REW yet? Want good karma? Share REW with friends