Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: Blog commenting

Default Re: Blog commenting

A lot of what had been dofollow blogs are now nofollow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Chapman View Post
    A lot of what had been dofollow blogs are now nofollow.
    That's true but I am not really bothered as to whether they are nofollow, I haven't really considered that in my link building, and would be happy to be able to contribute to any relevant blog.

I agree with those who point out the value of building relationships, but situations are not the same everywhere. We have relationships with a number of agents and builders in Turkey but here it is all done in person, they are not website connections.
    I have tried to establish contacts with agents in other countries (as my part of the business is mainly overseas) but with different ways and standards of operating it isn't easy.
    However, since starting this thread I have found some expat blogs where I have been able to use my personal experiences of living abroad to comment meaningfully.
    Ozsubasi Homes have properties for sale in Altinkum Turkey. We are both builders and estate agents, please click here to see our current Altinkum Complex development, or click here to see our range of property options..

Use Scrapebox. This is blog commenting software that was originally created to automate blog posting spam comments. However, Scrapebox is a very powerful tool that can be used for for whitehat SEO as well. It allows you to enter a keyword or list of keywords and then scrapes the Internet to find blogs related to your keyword (up to 10,000). You can then run this list through filters to separate the follows from the no-follows and sort the blogs by page rank. Then you should MANUALLY post relevant comments after reading each blog post to contribute to the discussion. A word of advice though, blog comments are seen in Google's eyes as very low ranking links. Blog comments should be included in your link profile but in moderation.

It's important to include do-follow AND no-follow links in your link profile. This appears more natural to Google.

as for me commenting others blog is boring and sounds like a spamming, even if you will comment on topic - but the idea is to get link... then if you think from google side - they will always fight with this idea and I believe they don;t give to much weight to the links from the comments

I am not surprised by your difficulty. I too have found it difficult to find high quality real estate blogs, and most had no space for commenting, despite this being a significant way to encourage engagement with a site. If you're looking to comment to get real-estate related back-links, I suggest your blog commenting time could be better spent. Have you considered commenting on blogs related to your region or local area. Your links on these could link back to your own blog, which I notice is also locally oriented. If your comments are genuine and meaningful, you'd be surprised how many people will want to see a bit more about you.

As a follow up suggestion, I would consider making the author of your comments your own name, rather than your business name. People will trust and want to know other people more than a company. The purpose of this type of blogging is to encourage trust and credibility in yourself, as an individual.
    Matteo Pantalone
    Total Property Listing Engine: Training, Coaching and Guidance in Social Media For Realtors
    Blog | Social Media Strategy

Thanks for your advice, and I did already look for blogs that were regional rather than real estate related and was able to find a few.
    I did get confirmation emails that my comments were accepted but the links never showed up in GWT. I am spending a little more time on my own blog now and think my time is better spent on promoting that than looking for other people's blogs to comment on.
    And in line with your suggestion about the author name, I'm using Google authorship on each entry. I tend not to use the company name over much in links anyway because "Ozsubasi" isn't exactly memorable to most people
    Ozsubasi Homes have properties for sale in Altinkum Turkey. We are both builders and estate agents, please click here to see our current Altinkum Complex development, or click here to see our range of property options..

Very recent I got a message from SEO expert that Old SEO like - Blog commenting, forum posting is not effective in SEO.
    So my question -

What is effective Link building to bring my site #1 top page in google?
    Ethan Affordable Housing is a not-for-profit housing provider that promotes the relief of rental stress for individuals and families in Australia.

NRAS, National Rental Affordability Scheme

Quote Originally Posted by auciareen View Post
    What is effective Link building to bring my site #1 top page in google?
    With respect you should really search other threads or start your own if you can't find anything that deals with your question, because this thread is only concerned with blog commenting.

go to delicious.com or technorati.com and type in "real estate" without brackets in the search. Tons of blogs.

Regards,

TomL
    Receive a free consultation to jump start your online marketing campaign
    Connect with me

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last