Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Question paperless transaction????

I know this sounds crazy, I am overworked and tired running my errands, doing printing stuffs for clients and going back and forth catching for signatures, inviting clients to explain the proposal, overdo the ammends and print it out again. I heard about paperless transaction and can someone tell me what is that all about?

Default Re: paperless transaction????

There's two that I mainly hear about - Docusign and Dotloop. Keller Williams Realty currently uses Dotloop and I'm in love with it. I hear great things about Docusign as well, so be sure to Google them and compare costs.

The only time I've had digital signatures not work is with dealing with foreclosures and asset managers. Often times, they require a wet signature here in Houston.
    Steve Castaneda, Realtor
    Keller Williams Realty

I'm a Realtor in Houston, Texas and in my spare time, I write at this blog dedicated to real estate technology for agents. I originally created this Houston Real Estate site and switched to REW - awesome decision.

I'm keeping my eyes and ears pealed for what I hope to be a big piece of the answer for me. Samsung is rumored to be releasing a new tablet that is 11.6 -- which would be real close to the same size of paper... should make signing things easier via scale, etc.

Docusign has really made our lives at lot easier and makes a paperless transaction very easy. If you use a transaction coordinator make sure they strive to have a paperless file. Our TC's are paperless and put everything on an external hard drive when finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Hack View Post
    I'm keeping my eyes and ears pealed for what I hope to be a big piece of the answer for me. Samsung is rumored to be releasing a new tablet that is 11.6 -- which would be real close to the same size of paper... should make signing things easier via scale, etc.
    Hey Scott - I tested Dotloop on my iPad (ver. 3) and it works perfectly. I don't think wet signatures would look as nice since there really isn't a stylus that gives you the sharpness you're looking for, but for digital stuff and filling out contracts, it works great.

I just hook up my bluetooth keyboard and I'm good to go.
    Steve Castaneda, Realtor
    Keller Williams Realty

I'm a Realtor in Houston, Texas and in my spare time, I write at this blog dedicated to real estate technology for agents. I originally created this Houston Real Estate site and switched to REW - awesome decision.

There are a few online services you can use to achieve your goal. DocuSign is the service I use and they partner with the most used services in real estate (from the research i did before selecting the eSign company to go with).To get your forms online TrueForms and ZipForms work really well and integrate with DocuSign so you can move your documents into for e-signature. Depending which forms provider you go with they may already be tagged, saving you hours of time preparing large purchase and sales agreements along with disclosures. When you finish your documents you need to find a cloud storage service. I use box.net but there are others such as google docs, that allow you access your documents from any internet-enabled device. Then there is transaction management and Cartavi is super easy to use heeling you manage your transactions. Hope this help and happy to answer any questions if you have any.

personally I use Real Estate Dashboard on a tablet PC and I love it, they have and iPad App as well as esignonline software which makes life so damn easy. Paperless is the only way to go.
    Justin Havre
    JustinHavre.com
    Calgary Real Estate Associate

Calgary Real Estate
    Calgary Luxury Real Estate
    SW Calgary

We've been using ZipForms and DocuSign for several years with great success. We also use DocuSign to provide copies of ratified contracts to the settlement company and lender.
    Your At Home Team - Meeting your real estate needs throughout Northern Virginia. 703.286.1333 [direct]

Alexandria Homes for Sale | Fort Belvoir Off Post Housing | Lorton Homes for Sale

McEnearney Associates | 109 South Pitt Street | Alexandria, VA 22314
    Market leaders in Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC real estate since 1980

Lightbulb Re: paperless transaction????

thanks.

paperless transactions are pretty nice..the first thing I asked/tell clients is that I love to save trees, then if it's okay to have them do paperless transaction with me and that they would be helping save the precious environment around us and everywhere else..and I believe the majority actually prefers that for several reason such as not only helping the tress out, it saves time, makes you look more efficient with your client (that's a very good thing right?) and much more
    Looking for [COLOR=Teal]Bay Area Real Estate[/COLOR] or are you searching for [COLOR=Teal]Foreclosures[/COLOR] visit my sites. Coming to CA and like to know [COLOR=Teal]Things to do in California[/COLOR].

Page 1 of 2 12 Last