Page 7 of 23 First ... 3456789101117 ... Last

Default Re: Google Penguin Update / Over Optimization Penalty, April 24th launch for real est

The problem with saying all blog rolls are bad is... The sites that i traded blog rolls for didnt get hit. I have a few blog rolls pointed from other sites to my Dallas site and it wasnt affected like my others.
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

Default Re: Google Penguin Update / Over Optimization Penalty, April 24th launch for real est

Quote Originally Posted by sam@bcre.com View Post
    So are all blogrolls considered spammy then?
    In short, IMO, no. But there needs to be a fair level of common sense applied to that. If you have a highly optimized blogroll link on hundreds of pages of a blog that has nothing to with with real estate, no matter how you try to spin it, then you can bet that the new algo is going to devalue it. The blogroll needs, again IMO, to provide a resource to the visitor that is related to the blog. For instance, a mortgage company, community billboard/events, county/civil websites for your area, etc.

I think that the best scenario is to modify these blogroll links so that they are no longer sitewides. Keep them on specific posts and maybe homepage but that's it. There are several plugins and widgets that allow you to pick and choose where you want to display a blogroll. The biggest thing to keep in mind here too is that an algo CAN"T determine paid vs non-paid. It will use a very matter-of-fact code. You can almost bet that if your buddy or whomever gives you a link out of the kindness of their heart on their very authoritative and high PR site that is sitewide, that link is going to be eventually devalued. The logic is going to err on the side of "Paid Link" more often than not, especially if your real estate site is being linked to in a overly-optimized way from a blog that deals with all things Drupal. That has nothing to do with your niche.....

Again, just my opinion on the matter.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Cabin Foreclosures in Gatlinburg | Follow me on Google+ | Reaons to Relocate to East Tennessee[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Most of the blogrolls were next to a dozen other exact match anchor text keywords..so in that regard it looked bad.
    Find me on Twitter @Linkbuildr

Quote Originally Posted by linkbuildr View Post
    Most of the blogrolls were next to a dozen other exact match anchor text keywords..so in that regard it looked bad.
    That seems too easy to filter, rather than penalize. Google sees 50,000 exact match links from the same domain, I would have thought google would have taken the route to only credit 1 link, rather than penalize you for 49,999 too many. But, then that's just me, what do I know?
    Randy Watson Texas Real Estate Agent
    Mission Realty - San Antonio Texas
    www.satxproperty.com

I saw a 90% drop in traffic last Friday 12th May. All my Keywords have been hit. Checking Google webmaster tools I find:
    No message from Google
    An error onthe DNS
    Google Fetch can't acces the pages
    Using the Cache:http://mydomain.com string I get a 404 error.
    All though "site:" shows the site to still be indexed.
    Is this what happens when Google penalises you, or do I have a technical site problem (No robots txt & DNS has been checked out and returns are correct, but warning on google remains)

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

what ever i am doing is working... My San Antonio is steaming back up google. It started at page 1 on April 24th then dropped to page 28 or so on April 25th. Now we are back on page 9... So I am going to keep on keeping on. It is really dancing all over the place but the most common spot right now is about 85th spot.
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Cabin Foreclosures in Gatlinburg | Follow me on Google+ | Reaons to Relocate to East Tennessee[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

thanks for the read

for anyone hit but this update try this for fun

type in to google Your Keyword -amazon.com you will notice your old results pre update all come back. This is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Pannell Realtor View Post
    for anyone hit but this update try this for fun
    type in to google Your Keyword -amazon.com you will notice your old results pre update all come back. This is crazy
    Yes, I tried it and you are absolutely correct! So all we need now to do is to convince everyone who is searching to add - amazon.com to the end of it
    Ozsubasi Homes have properties for sale in Altinkum Turkey. We are both builders and estate agents, please click here to see our current Altinkum Complex development, or click here to see our range of property options..

Page 7 of 23 First ... 3456789101117 ... Last