Page 10 of 23 First ... 6789101112131420 ... Last

Default Re: Google Penguin Update / Over Optimization Penalty, April 24th launch for real est

Yeah I know. I was on page one for San Antonio homes for sale and dropped to page 28. I worked my way back to page 7 and now i dropped again to page 22. Now I find all these negative links that someone put to my site in mid April right before the update that are killing me.

Me and a full time SEO are working though all this to get it cleaned up. I will be back. it shouldnt take to long as long as i can build good links and get rid of this crap.

btw i dropped to page 61 for San Antonio Real Estate from page 2. HUGE DROP
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

Default Re: Google Penguin Update / Over Optimization Penalty, April 24th launch for real est

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Pannell Realtor View Post
    Yeah I know. I was on page one for San Antonio homes for sale and dropped to page 28.
    btw i dropped to page 61 for San Antonio Real Estate from page 2. HUGE DROP
    What are you using to determine your ranking? I have found 2 or 3 different websites and each puts me at different places. Maybe not too far from each other, just they have some differences. My browser with my local IP provides tainted results, sometimes.
    Randy Watson Texas Real Estate Agent
    Mission Realty - San Antonio Texas
    www.satxproperty.com

I use authority labs to track all my website, it is updates daily. I track 10 sites and over 100 keywords.
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

Hi Mike have just gotten the monthly version ( $49) of majestic seo. Have to check the links and see were I have an abundance and need to go back in and diversity. Thanks for the suggestion on authority lab that seems like a nice tool to monitor.
    Santa Cruz Beach Homes || Carmel Real Estate | Aptos Beach Homes Santa Cruz is a vibrant community, located on the north end of Monterey Bay, and is home to artisans, beach goers, hi tech types, and college students. There is plenty of natural beauty from the ocean side coastal towns to the little mountain communities to Carmel and Pebble Beach Golf estates. Let my 30 years of local knowledge and 25+ years of real estate help you find the right home or property in the Monterey Bay.

Yeah i also pay for Majestic seo. It is great still learning to use it. I am using webmaster tools to find all thes negitive links.

I been email people all day getting them removed. So far so good. It appears i got most removed. Still have alot of work to do but they are coming off the book. Now i just need to figure out how to get google to notice what I am doing.

If anyone has had an actual G response to a review of their site it would be helpful to learn about the response. I requested about 3 weeks ago with no response.
    Santa Cruz Beach Homes || Carmel Real Estate | Aptos Beach Homes Santa Cruz is a vibrant community, located on the north end of Monterey Bay, and is home to artisans, beach goers, hi tech types, and college students. There is plenty of natural beauty from the ocean side coastal towns to the little mountain communities to Carmel and Pebble Beach Golf estates. Let my 30 years of local knowledge and 25+ years of real estate help you find the right home or property in the Monterey Bay.

they wont reply, they do have a candid reply that someone got earlier in this thread but that is it. If you got hit you are going to have to do the the same thing i am doing go though each link and check them. I got hundreds of links removed yesterday from what i assume are offending sites.

As earlier in this thread i showed examples, I had a network of directories that had links pointed at my site, i emailed several of their sites and it appears the link came off the whole network. It was about 50 sites and each site had 100 to 300 links pointed at my site. Also I got one removed that had 8000 links pointed at 72 pages. Also I found where someone tried to negative SEO my site by adding me to alot of Forum profiles, i am still working though these add and asking to be deleted.

When looking though your links look for pages and websites with no cache date, These are offending links, get them removed. If you cant find a contact us link look at the who is for the domain and email them if they have an email. It is alot of work but you will be better for it in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by linkbuildr View Post
    You backlink profile is horrifically spammy and I wouldn't expect a recovery any time soon if its Penguin.
    Unless you have access to my GWT then with respect you can't know what my backlink profile is in terms of how Google sees it. I've got 9 keywords back in the top 50 now so I have made a partial recovery but of course won't know for sure if I am definitely going the right way until there is a Penguin refresh.
    Ozsubasi Homes have properties for sale in Altinkum Turkey. We are both builders and estate agents, please click here to see our current Altinkum Complex development, or click here to see our range of property options..

can anyone tell me if this would be considered spam on my website?

these are ALL internal links within my site.

the footer links link directly to MLS listings for the city. the links on the right hand site link to area information with "about city", schools, but also includes a few "newest" mls listings on the page.

basically im trying to figure out if google will thing this is spam. my sites new <2 months old so i basically have 0 authority on google. I am lucky enough to be on page 1 on bing/yahoo for certain keywords

any advice would be great. this entire penguin and panda thing has been really a struggle to understand.
    Last edited by dfriend; 05-23-2012 at 12:02 PM.

from what i understand as long as they dont link to other website you will be fine. Google is locking down on sitewide footer links to other sites.

Page 10 of 23 First ... 6789101112131420 ... Last