Page 11 of 23 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last

Default Re: Google Penguin Update / Over Optimization Penalty, April 24th launch for real est

When do you think we will see the Penguin refresh? We are almost at the one month mark.

Default Re: Google Penguin Update / Over Optimization Penalty, April 24th launch for real est

My SEO guy says he is hearing chatter about a update. He said sooner then later. We are just working on getting things cleaned up on my affected sites.
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Pannell Realtor View Post
    from what i understand as long as they dont link to other website you will be fine. Google is locking down on sitewide footer links to other sites.
    awesome thanks! even for keyword spam you think its safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Pannell Realtor View Post
    from what i understand as long as they dont link to other website you will be fine.
    I'm not so sure about this, and I guess it depends on which articles are read and which are considered to be authoritative by the reader. But certainly I have seen some which say that having too many same anchor text links to internal pages could be a problem.
    Ozsubasi Homes have properties for sale in Altinkum Turkey. We are both builders and estate agents, please click here to see our current Altinkum Complex development, or click here to see our range of property options..

i would understand the same anchor text. But if it is to all different pages it wouldnt be so bad.
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

Going forward just do the things that make you stand out from all the other agents in your area and slowly but surely the amazing links and social followers will pile up.
    Find me on Twitter @Linkbuildr

Quote Originally Posted by GreggRio View Post
    If anyone has had an actual G response to a review of their site it would be helpful to learn about the response. I requested about 3 weeks ago with no response.
    I requested a reconsideration but they replied to the effect that as Penguin is an algorithm and not a penalty, there was nothing to reconsider.
    Ozsubasi Homes have properties for sale in Altinkum Turkey. We are both builders and estate agents, please click here to see our current Altinkum Complex development, or click here to see our range of property options..

^-- Only refile if you get the unnatural links message is the understanding although correct me if I'm wrong.
    Find me on Twitter @Linkbuildr

I think this is why I was hit so hard... I had like 50 of this directory pointed at my site. I think they where all the same person once i asked to be removed from one of them i think the link was removed from them all.

I didnt ask for any of these links and had no idea how i got them. I am betting Negitve SEO was a factor.

Last edited by Micheal Pannell Realtor; 05-25-2012 at 10:32 AM.

I got lucky and haven't been affected yet... but I'm still doing some onsite changes and changing the way I link in the future. What I can't believe is that some of the spammy link sites in my market are still doing well. It's weird how it hurt some great sites, and didn't effect some horrible spammy sites.

Page 11 of 23 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last