Page 13 of 23 First ... 391011121314151617 ... Last

Default Re: Google Penguin Update / Over Optimization Penalty, April 24th launch for real est

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Pannell Realtor View Post
    i just noticed you got wacked also Tom. I got wacked for Arlington as well. I had moved up right behind you for most Arlington terms and then this hit.
    I remained on page 1 for all things Arlington however just took me out of the traffic flow. I am slowly and painfully seeing improvement so we shall see. I think there might have been sites that were penalized in this algo update - very likely most of those received an unnatural link warning from G, however it seems the majority took a link devaluation. I am moving with the build better links and not spending time on removal at the moment. I will report back on my experimentation on this.

Default Re: Google Penguin Update / Over Optimization Penalty, April 24th launch for real est

Tom you might want to check i dont see you up there any more for terms like Arlington Real Estate or Homes for Sale. We both used to be in the top 10 for those terms.
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

Was there a recent update? I see some sites got moved down again.

it was a data refresh. No one thinks that they updated the Filter yet. Yes it does appear to have hit some more sites though.
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

Best write up i have read so far on recovery

http://searchenginewatch.com/article...Moving-Forward

The Penguin 1.1 update happened over the weekend.

http://www.webpronews.com/google-pen...on-1-1-2012-05

it wasnt an update it was a data refresh... Many dont think the filter was updated

This seems to at least say someone got it in front of G that they are missing the mark and penalizing sites that probably shouldn't be.

I think this is a painful wait and see with some work. Not sure how much/bad one should change with a content rich site. I saw some reflection of more kw's highlighted in a search I was doing the other day that didn't do much for improved results in G. Anyone have any idea if the other SERP vendors ( B and Y, etc) check for some sort of verification or ranking with G as part of their results query? Just a random thought to check another source and see what or where they place relevance.
    Santa Cruz Beach Homes || Carmel Real Estate | Aptos Beach Homes Santa Cruz is a vibrant community, located on the north end of Monterey Bay, and is home to artisans, beach goers, hi tech types, and college students. There is plenty of natural beauty from the ocean side coastal towns to the little mountain communities to Carmel and Pebble Beach Golf estates. Let my 30 years of local knowledge and 25+ years of real estate help you find the right home or property in the Monterey Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Pannell Realtor View Post
    from what i understand as long as they dont link to other website you will be fine. Google is locking down on sitewide footer links to other sites.
    Yup you should be good to go on these. Plus the anchor text is varied and you are clearly using the links for a good purpose.

If anyone has links from Updowner.com in there webmaster tools you might want to have REW install the meta tag to stop them from crawling your site

To prevent only Updownerbot from indexing:
    <meta name="Updownerbot" content="noindex">

then email them and ask for them to remove your site from there index at http:// www.updowner. com/contact

They had 8k links pointed at my San Antonio site. This cant be good.... They also scape some of your content when they link to your site.

Page 13 of 23 First ... 391011121314151617 ... Last