Page 15 of 23 First ... 5111213141516171819 ... Last

Default Re: Google Penguin Update / Over Optimization Penalty, April 24th launch for real est

Must be that Canadian search acting up again!
    Ben Fisher at Summit Sotheby's International Realty in Park City Utah. Specializing in Park City real estate.

Default Re: Google Penguin Update / Over Optimization Penalty, April 24th launch for real est

Darn Canadians lol
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

Quote Originally Posted by sffisher View Post
    Must be that Canadian search acting up again!
    You have no idea how difficult it is for us!:

(Sorry for the distraction, folks.)

Yer not supposed to post family photos Gerry. LOL
    Santa Cruz Beach Homes || Carmel Real Estate | Aptos Beach Homes Santa Cruz is a vibrant community, located on the north end of Monterey Bay, and is home to artisans, beach goers, hi tech types, and college students. There is plenty of natural beauty from the ocean side coastal towns to the little mountain communities to Carmel and Pebble Beach Golf estates. Let my 30 years of local knowledge and 25+ years of real estate help you find the right home or property in the Monterey Bay.

Joking apart, it is a very real problem that the SERP results vary according to where the user is from and other possible factors.
    Ozsubasi Homes have properties for sale in Altinkum Turkey. We are both builders and estate agents, please click here to see our current Altinkum Complex development, or click here to see our range of property options..

They haev varied for a long time based on where your at and different datacenters
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

Yes that's true, I was thinking along the lines of personalized searching in addition to location, and should really have said that in my post instead of other possible factors.
    Ozsubasi Homes have properties for sale in Altinkum Turkey. We are both builders and estate agents, please click here to see our current Altinkum Complex development, or click here to see our range of property options..

I usually open a different browser(IE when I am on FF for most of my stuff) when I do my searching on G because of that.. If you are logged into your gmail account it will skew your results. Also with gmail it reads you content of your e-mails and put ads up similar to your topics. Kind of surprising I found. FB does something somewhat similar as I recall. Think that is along the lines of the personalized searching you are referring to.

I did love the one gal with "0" content being rated number 1 position. Way to go G. LOL I have noticed something- kw's getting more highlighted on some things, but am just starting to buy the tools to monitor positioning of kw's and then links and delve into the changes that may have an effect. I have noticed usually not dramatic differences in data centers within the US, but big differences in different countries compared to where we are here in the states.
    Santa Cruz Beach Homes || Carmel Real Estate | Aptos Beach Homes Santa Cruz is a vibrant community, located on the north end of Monterey Bay, and is home to artisans, beach goers, hi tech types, and college students. There is plenty of natural beauty from the ocean side coastal towns to the little mountain communities to Carmel and Pebble Beach Golf estates. Let my 30 years of local knowledge and 25+ years of real estate help you find the right home or property in the Monterey Bay.

Has anyone noticed ( I have not yet begun) any changes one way or the other of their ranking on Y & B or Ask since the P update. Any changes to their site that may be negatively impacting those other SERP ranking as one crawls back up on G ?

Quote Originally Posted by GreggRio View Post
    Has anyone noticed ( I have not yet begun) any changes one way or the other of their ranking on Y & B or Ask since the P update. Any changes to their site that may be negatively impacting those other SERP ranking as one crawls back up on G ?
    I did some manual checking through Chrome incognito. I looked at 12 keywords, and prior to penguin their average Google SERP was 5.9 which I was quite happy with. A few days ago (after the penguin refresh) I checked Bing (4.5) Blekko (2.3) DuckDuckGo (3.2) Yahoo (3.2) Baidu (4.1) and Yandex (1.7). The average SERP with those six SE's for my 12 keywords is 3.5. But for Google it was 35.8.

Interestingly, there are two things I have read about repeatedly as being major factors in being hit by penguin. One is having an exact match domain, the other is too many anchors using the same text. But only one of my keywords was unaffected, it is still at number 1.
    Guess what? it is the same as my domain name, and is the most used anchor text.

Page 15 of 23 First ... 5111213141516171819 ... Last