Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Reconsideration Request - Reply from Google

As my site took a big hit from the Penguin update, after making some changes (which I wasn't convinced were necessary but I thought I ought to do something) I submitted for reconsideration through webmaster tools on 28 April.
    I was surprised to receive an answer today, I hadn't expected that fast a response to be fair. This is what they said:

"Reconsideration request for http://www.altinkumpropertyforsale.com/: No manual spam actions found May 2, 2012

Dear site owner or webmaster of http://www.altinkumpropertyforsale.com/,
    We received a request from a site owner to reconsider http://www.altinkumpropertyforsale.com/ for compliance with Google's Webmaster Guidelines.
    We reviewed your site and found no manual actions by the webspam team that might affect your site's ranking in Google. There's no need to file a reconsideration request for your site, because any ranking issues you may be experiencing are not related to a manual action taken by the webspam team.
    Of course, there may be other issues with your site that affect your site's ranking. Google's computers determine the order of our search results using a series of formulas known as algorithms. We make hundreds of changes to our search algorithms each year, and we employ more than 200 different signals when ranking pages. As our algorithms change and as the web (including your site) changes, some fluctuation in ranking can happen as we make updates to present the best results to our users.
    If you've experienced a change in ranking which you suspect may be more than a simple algorithm change, there are other things you may want to investigate as possible causes, such as a major change to your site's content, content management system, or server architecture. For example, a site may not rank well if your server stops serving pages to Googlebot, or if you've changed the URLs for a large portion of your site's pages. This article has a list of other potential reasons your site may not be doing well in search.
    If you're still unable to resolve your issue, please see our Webmaster Help Forum for support.
    Sincerely,
    Google Search Quality Team"

So basically they are saying that because there has been no manual intervention by the webspam team, there is nothing to be reconsidered.
    Ozsubasi Homes have properties for sale in Altinkum Turkey. We are both builders and estate agents, please click here to see our current Altinkum Complex development, or click here to see our range of property options..

Default Re: Reconsideration Request - Reply from Google

You have been GOOGLED
    [FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Cabin Foreclosures in Gatlinburg | Follow me on Google+ | Reaons to Relocate to East Tennessee[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

That's because a lot of it is algorithmic and you most likely just had your links devalued as you have a ton of spam links. I'd also get rid of the link exchange page as that can cause troubles as well.
    Find me on Twitter @Linkbuildr

Google has already stated (ref through Danny Sullivan) a reconsideration request will not effect penguin hit sites as it is algorithm based not human editorial.
    Have you liked REW yet? Want good karma? Share REW with friends

Quote Originally Posted by linkbuildr View Post
    I'd also get rid of the link exchange page as that can cause troubles as well.
    It's case of not knowing where to stop - I only have 30 exchange links on that page and I have already made them all nofollow. A close competitor who hasn't been affected in the same way has far more.
    Ozsubasi Homes have properties for sale in Altinkum Turkey. We are both builders and estate agents, please click here to see our current Altinkum Complex development, or click here to see our range of property options..

If you have site wide links to other sites you own remove them, I did this one the site that google has came back to and reindex regained most of it rankings.. Not fully there but real close
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Pannell Realtor View Post
    If you have site wide links to other sites you own remove them, I did this one the site that google has came back to and reindex regained most of it rankings.. Not fully there but real close
    Thanks for the advice. I did have a site wide link from my secondary site to my main one and I have removed that now.

Now do what ever you can to do to get google to send the google bot back. i bet you will see your rankings come back if everything else is in order.

here is a blog i found and read

http://www.backlinkbanzai.com/Google...xamination.htm
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

That is a useful article, some of it I have read elsewhere but not all of it. One of the other things I've done that I'm not sure about is to remove my signature from some forums.
    I had quite a few links from SEO related sites which may have diluted the overall relevancy of my link profile, but this article says relevancy probably isn't so much of a thing, which is why I am now unsure about it!

I agree whole heartedly about the sitewides but what can you do about sites that have given it to you without your knowledge and are unreachable now? That is what I am running into now. My largest backlink comes from REW forums. I am not worried about that one. The ones that concern me are one like this directory.khazano.com that apparently have some real issues since the update as you can tell by the suspended page. There are 191 links from that site to my home page? ugh.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Cabin Foreclosures in Gatlinburg | Follow me on Google+ | Reaons to Relocate to East Tennessee[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 Last