Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default RSS Feeds/Content as Blog Posts? Considered SPAM?

Hi,

I'm in the processes of getting a RE website up an running for my girlfriend. I know a lot of people add blog posts to keep it fresh and help with SEO. She's not very tech savy and I dont have the time to post about something I don't know very much about(RE). Is it bad to republish real estate new's or market data from other websites/blogs that have RSS feeds and display them on my site as blog posts? Or should I just pay a writer to write relevant data? This whole seo thing is making my head spin

Default Re: RSS Feeds/Content as Blog Posts? Considered SPAM?

pay a writer, this is what i do. Make sure it is a good writer and they know what they are talking about or atleast can fake it really good.
    Looking for Real Estate, Homes, Investment Properties, Condos in Dallas-Fort Worth-Denton, San Antonio & Houston Area? Our Team is Here to Help... Call our Office at Toll Free 866.761.5217.. We love Referrals
    Dallas - Fort Worth - NuHomeSource.com | San Antonio - NHSSanAntonio.com | Houston - NHSHouston.com

Hope you dont mind me asking, but how much does it cost on avg?

Republishing, more specifically curation, is totally acceptable in our busy world. Ever read the Huffington post? There are very specific rules to follow, but as long as you add value it can deliver great content while saving time. There's a free (with a paid for alternative) piece of software to help with this - just Google Curation soft.

Quote Originally Posted by businesscoachza View Post
    Republishing, more specifically curation, is totally acceptable in our busy world. Ever read the Huffington post? There are very specific rules to follow, but as long as you add value it can deliver great content while saving time. There's a free (with a paid for alternative) piece of software to help with this - just Google Curation soft.
    Thanks, but does it screw up SEO? Would google think im just a spammer? Ive been trying to find an answer since panda and pengiun updates on whether or not its ok to do. Seems like google is flagging sites that republish content.

That's why you need to follow very specific guidelines WRT acknowledgement, links and adding value. It's not meant to be a "republish" duplicate content. This is what Curation soft says about this: "Content curation, or curation blogging, the process of sharing information on topics that people do a lot of searching for, but don’t want to weed through all the junk to find the good stuff.

It is all about giving people a concise selection of resources and links, along with videos and pictures, that you’ve carefully researched and organized into a blog post with your own commentary added.

It isn’t aggregation and it isn’t autoblogging.

It is providing a valuable, needed service in a market where search and social fall short for content discovery with context.

Once a reader has found a well-curated blog on a topic near and dear to them, they often subscribe and follow that blog. They can become regular readers and pass it on to their social networks as well.

Curation bloggers make money with advertising and affiliate programs. So not only do curators get out of all the original content writing typical of A-List blogs, they also don’t have to have their own products and services to make money doing what they love."

Go check out the Huffington's PR etc. A good example.

If the majority if your content is duplicate and your domain doesn't have much authority I would NOT recommend doing it. Check out TextBroker.com to help write some content but I'd really encourage her to sit down once a week and spend an hour writing something.
    Find me on Twitter @Linkbuildr

Quote Originally Posted by linkbuildr View Post
    If the majority if your content is duplicate and your domain doesn't have much authority I would NOT recommend doing it. Check out TextBroker.com to help write some content but I'd really encourage her to sit down once a week and spend an hour writing something.
    The site is barely a month old so it has no authority.

You are a good boyfriend for offering! I would pay a blogger though - it's hard to blog about things you don't know about and they post in a lot of places that you wouldn't think of posting that will help her ratings.
    Cheryl Marcum
    Phoenix Real Estate
    Scottsdale Real Estate
    Paradise Valley Real Estate
    602-717-9838 or 1-888-418-0106
    Russ Lyon Sotheby's International Realty
    7135 E Camelback Rd. Suite 360
    Scottsdale, AZ 85253

I would definitely pay for content or find the time to write it. Autoblogging has always been frowned on but it was slapped hard by penguin.
    RE/MAX Results - Fort Wayne, Indiana

Page 1 of 2 12 Last