Default Site Spell Check

I'm not sure how crucial spelling is from the search engines' point of view, but in terms of professionalism it is important to get it right.
    My spelling as such isn't too bad, but my typing isn't so good and although in theory I should spell check everything before uploading it to my site, I often forget.
    So I wanted something that would check the spelling of the whole site, and was free.
    I found a few free trials but although these came from different sites they mostly led to the same service (Text Trust). They will check your whole site but will only give a sample of 5 errors found, you have to pay to see them all.
    But eventually I did find a free service, it will check up to 1000 pages, and I only had to wait about 30 minutes for the result.
    There is no registration, all that is required is an email address (which must the same domain as the site to be checked) for notification when the check is complete.
    It produces a list showing the number of errors on each page, starting with the highest. A link is provided to each page, and when you get there the errors are highlighted so they are real easy to see.
    If anyone wants to try it, you can find it here:
    http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp...eckRequest.jsp
    Ozsubasi Homes have properties for sale in Altinkum Turkey. We are both builders and estate agents, please click here to see our current Altinkum Complex development, or click here to see our range of property options..

Default Re: Site Spell Check

That's a good tip! I wonder how does this company makes money when they offer the service for free?

Quote Originally Posted by sam@bcre.com View Post
    That's a good tip! I wonder how does this company makes money when they offer the service for free?
    This is what they say on the website:
    "Why is it free?
    These software/services were initially created as testing projects for other applications developed within our company. These small projects gradually grew into nice applications and we decided to share them with other people. We did not spend any money specifically for creating these projects and therefore, can offer them for free to other members of the IT community."
    Ozsubasi Homes have properties for sale in Altinkum Turkey. We are both builders and estate agents, please click here to see our current Altinkum Complex development, or click here to see our range of property options..

I designed my site in wordpress, thankfully it has a built in Spellchecker

I can spellcheck as well, the problem is that I often forget, so that I can't say for sure what I've checked and what I haven't. Maybe on your site it is done automatically? I have to click for it and I simply don't always remember
    Anyway, the advantage of this tool for me is that it checks the entire site in one go, so that it will pick up whatever I happen to have missed, and to request a report only takes as long as it takes to type a url and an email address.

I sometimes forget to hit spell check, I try to use firefox when editing something on my site. It has spell check built in, don't have to worry about clicking anything. The website you mentioned is pretty cool.

Is there a way to go back and delete/ edit your post if you forgot to use the spell checker??

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Beer View Post
    Is there a way to go back and delete/ edit your post if you forgot to use the spell checker??
    The whole purpose of the tool I suggested is that you can check for errors that may have been previously missed, and of course you can edit or delete from your own site as you please.
    Are you perhaps referring to something you have posted elsewhere, e.g. a forum?
    I think that all forums allow editing (within a certain amount of time after posting) but not complete deletion of a post (though you can request it from a moderator).