Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Asking for referrals from clients?

Any idea's for a quote I can add as a signature to an email regarding referrals?

I don't know how to ask for a referral in person either.

I don't want to come off begging for referrals, and I'm sure there is a polite way to ask?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ashley
    Last edited by ashley6943; 03-06-2006 at 02:48 PM.

Default Re: Asking for referrals?

The greatest compliment you can give is a referral - I'm in Naperville Il
    (This is one I have seen, I think it is an REW client, but others use it as well)

You arent begging, we are all professionals here and realize the benefit of referrals and I would venture most of us partake in some type of referral system. Besides with referrals you are paying a commission to the referrer so it is a business transaction, not a handout.
    Have you liked REW yet? Want good karma? Share REW with friends

I am talking about referrals from clients, family, friends, not other real estate agents. Thanks- Ashley

Ashley,

On my monthly newsletter I switch up the "begging for referrals" verbiage. Last month (Feb.-Valentine's Day), I used the free logo I found somewhere that says I Love Referrals but instead of the word Love it's a heart. I then go on to explain how referrals are a large part of my business so if you know of anyone that is looking to buy and/or sell real estate please give them my information.

This month I wrote how most people don't realize that I can refer business anywhere in the United States or the world because of my extensive networking. So if you know of anyone looking to buy anywhere...(blah, blah, blah), tell them to call me first.

A basic request might start out with: Although you might not be in the market to buy or sell real estate right now, maybe you know someone that is. Please give them my information...

I hope I'm giving you some ideas. I think changing it up once in a while might finally make someone understand you need & would really appreciate referrals from them. So many people just don't think about this.
    Money Magazine says that Orland Park real estate is one of the best places to live in the U.S. Check out Homer Glen homes if you're interested in living in the newest Chicago suburb. Next door, Lemont homes are the priciest in the southwest suburbs and have held their value, even appreciating while prices in other areas have gone down.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley6943
    I am talking about referrals from clients, family, friends, not other real estate agents. Thanks- Ashley
    I'm sure webmaster was referring to asking for referrals from clients, family and friends As far as asking for referrals, once you've established a relationship with someone, it's no big deal to ask. I like to call past clients periodically to check up on them and offer assistance with anything and inevitably a conversation begins. Almost always someone asks about the state of the market, at that point I give them my assessment, tell them that I had a great year last year, thank them for their business and just flat out ask them if they happen to know of anyone looking to sell or buy their home. Even if they don't, they'll usually say that if they hear of anyone they'll give them your number. Couple that with periodic follow-up postcards and emails reminding them how you appreciate referrals and you'll do ok. Never be afraid to ask for business or referrals.

Also forgot to mention that keeping in touch with your past customers with personal phone calls and visits gets you invited to alot of cool barbeques and parties where besides fun and free food & drink you have an excellent opportunity to network in the presence of one of your satisfied clients

Thumbs down Re: Asking for referrals?

While we're on the business of asking for referrals, I would like to offer a generous portion of my Centex Home referral fee (I am a home owner) to any real estate agent who will list me (Kelly Carter in Brentwood, TN) as their client's referrer when signing any Centex home contract. It's a super-easy $500! Contact me for info: 615-419-6616.

All of these are very good ideas. When it comes down to it you just have to be confident in your self and ask them for the business. Most people are reasonable and don't mind.

you could consider putting a quote on your business card that says something about referrals, which could also be used as your email footer quote.

another thing i used to do is work the referral into my sales presentations, like "I work on serving you best so that you'll want to tell all your friends about me". it worked very well because of my delivery and the way i built rapport with my customers. it may not work for everyone and can come across as cheeky if they don't know you. but with the right smile, it can be kinda fun to do - and can really break the ice for you!

I have this in my auto signature on outgoing e-mail:
    "Know anyone looking to buy or sell Real Estate we would be happy to help in any way we can just let us know". It's real simple but IMO simple is always the answer, don't worry to much...as the web master said:

You aren't begging, we are all professionals here and realize the benefit of referrals and I would venture most of us partake in some type of referral system. Besides with referrals you are paying a commission to the referrer so it is a business transaction, not a handout.
    and as Trophy homes said:

All of these are very good ideas. When it comes down to it you just have to be confident in your self and ask them for the business. Most people are reasonable and don't mind.
    I always just call past clients, freinds etc to touch base, chit chat or whatever, the question about real estate most likely will come from them anyway as people always want to know about the market. If the budget allows have a BBQ, or x-mas party or?? I do a summer party at my home every year for about 100 past clients, friends, co-workers etc and in the winter I reserve a local log framed lodge in the woods where we have Santa, food, pictures, music etc, anything works as long as you do it
    Derrick Monroe
    Realtor - Owner - 612-282-7653
    The Derrick Monroe Group
    Minneapolis Real Estate
    Minnesota Real Estate
    Rockford MN Real Estate

[COLOR="DimGray"]"True leaders are not those who strive to be first but those who are first to strive"[/COLOR]

Page 1 of 2 12 Last