Default "Area Realtor" KW, ROI ?

Any inputs on the success of targeting "Area Realtor" in their PPC campaigns?

"Area Real Estate" is so competitive and expensive in most areas. But the generic term also covers a wider range of industries than "Area Realtor" does.

Any inputs and thoughts on successful campaigns targeting "Area Realtor" especially in comparison to "Area Real Estate" would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.- Yes I understand the volumes of difference between the amount of searches done between the two. The main thought is ROI and conversion of searches of the two, to actual customers/leads.

Default Re: "Area Realtor" KW, ROI ?

Less expensive and more specific keywords will give a higher ROI. They migh yield less total leads, but they will be more targeted.
    The Suburban House Hunters Team would like to thank REW members for past referrals! We are never to busy to handle your Chicago area referrals.

Always looking for quality unique content for our real estate agent blog, PM me if interested in writing a post.

My thoughts on the Sarasota Association of REALTORS actions.

area realtor isn't the best..

isn't the best at........?

Are you speaking of numbers?-------- I know it does not get the numbers that Area Real Estate gets

Are you referring to % of clicks turning in to customers?

When speaking of ROI, the one thing that needs to be kept in mind is Return-On-Investment.

So, you spend $600 in a year on "Area Realtor" in PPC. And you only get a total of 200 clicks for the year, but 10 become leads and 2 become "SALES".

At a $225,000 sale that equates to an average of $13,500 in commissions before broker fees.

Which equates to over a 2,200% ROI. That's not bad.

Only two closings is a lot of blood, sweat, and tears in and of itself; but you are working other KW's and you are doing the marketing anyway, so adding it to the kettle isn't that much extra work, so it is not that bad really.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I just wanted to make the point that ROI does not have anything to do with (the Numbers) and going for "Area Real Estate" and getting 10 closings then going after "Area Realtor" and only getting 2-closings.

I think yo might find that the ROI on Area Realtor is much higher than Area Real Estate, but the number of closings are much higher on Area Real Estate than Area Realtor.

Disclaimer:............IMHO

I asked this question because I was looking for harder evidence then my own opinion on which was doing what. I don't think most Realtors have any clue as to the real numbers in relation to ROI because they concentrate on pure overall numbers and not the ROI for individual KW's or marketing ideas. ......................IMHO

Mr. Ken Smith above actually made my point (opinion with out hard facts, yet) in a lot fewer words.

Thanks Ken

Here is a excerp if you will from an article located on MSN small business.

"You're also not likely to take on a new partner without some way of tracking the revenues, benefits or efficiencies gained from the relationship. So why do so many small businesses build Web sites, invest in online marketing campaigns and then devote little or no effort to analyzing the return on their investment?

"It's more common than you would ever realize," says Elisabeth Osmeloski of Beyond Ink, a search-engine marketing consultant based in Portland, Maine. "People are not taking the time to look at Web log files or traffic trends even those who spend a lot of money on online advertising," Because a vast number of small businesses are still relatively new to the Web, many have yet to take the next step of tracking their return on investment (ROI), she and other experts say.

"Many other people do look at the [Web site traffic statistics], but have trouble making sense of the data" because of the way it is compiled and presented, Osmeloski says.

Internet-savvy businesses know there are easy to use, easy to understand and affordable Web tools available today to monitor and analyze their site traffic. (Microsoft Small Business, for instance, offers FastCounter Pro, a Web-based tool that monitors your site traffic in real time and can help you improve the design and efficiency of your Web site.)

http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusine...e_traffic.mspx

FYI

I target [area] real estate only at the moment.

Personally, I can't figure out anyother keywords to target I think I've gone brain dead.

I'm in a relatively small market area, but the competition is pretty tough. Most of our competition has been here for years, with websites that look like they've been there for years. Unfortunately, we are still not even listed in Goog or Yah without PPC. Man, i have got to get our site in there!

Anyway,

I give 0 significance to the following"
    # of Clicks
    # of Hits
    etc...

I don't give much significance, but will as our numbers climb, at the moment to the following:

# of visitors
    # of Unique Visitors

I do however, watch the pages and their traffic and tweak a few things. Overall, at the moment I am focusing more on adding content and link exchange. Boy do I need help with LE it's moving very slowly now.

I also watch the referring domains and bump my PPC accoridngly. Example: I bumped goog PPC this weekend cause I keep getting pushed off page 1. I will watch for 1 week and see if there is a change. I keep Yah PPC on page 1 because I'm getting more contacts from Yah.

I choose to rate my ROI on 2 simple factors at the moment:

Contacts/Conversions = Prospects
    Prospects/# of Sales = ROI

Anyway, here are our numbers (since the new website 1 month):

Prospects - 80% - All from yah (0 goog, 0 msn).
    # of Contacts - 6
    # of Prospects - 5
    # of Sales - 1

1 sale pays for the website and all the PPC combined up to this point.
    2 sales = 100% profite plus SEO, Yay

Hope that helps somewhat.
    Your source for buying Panama City Beach Homes for Sale. Visit us if you need to purchase or sell residential or commercial Panama City Beach Real Estate. Our licensed experts know the ins and outs of the Panama City Beach Condo market to help with all your investment and vacation needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Any inputs on the success of targeting "Area Realtor" in their PPC campaigns?

"Area Real Estate" is so competitive and expensive in most areas. But the generic term also covers a wider range of industries than "Area Realtor" does.

Any inputs and thoughts on successful campaigns targeting "Area Realtor" especially in comparison to "Area Real Estate" would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.- Yes I understand the volumes of difference between the amount of searches done between the two. The main thought is ROI and conversion of searches of the two, to actual customers/leads.
    Test it.
    [FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]---[SIZE="4"]cK[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][SIZE="2"]CK Chung is an independent SEO consultant who provides premium Holistic SEO services, including services specific to Real Estate SEO. You can find his alter-ego, Kid Disco, spouting off on his SEO blog at SEOdisco.[/SIZE][/FONT]

hmmmmmmmm.

In process, lol.

Supporting data is always more reliable when it is gathered from separate, independent sources.