Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: BPO pricing???

Default BPO pricing???

I'm interested in getting into some BPO work. What kind of pricing can I expect? I've talked to two companies and they are at $50 per BPO. Is that reasonable?
    Also, one of the companies mentioned a "contract" agreement to handle work. Is that normal?
    Also, someone mentioned First American to me. Anybody know anything about their pricing?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: BPO pricing???

In MN I've heard $50 for a BPO as well.

Funny, since something so cheap can be so hard to fight when trying to explain to a bank that a guy or gal driving past a house is 20% high on their price opinion.

$50 is a rip off unless they want a desk BPO (you do a simple one from your desk). Hint: All BPO companies are like Tiajuana vendors.....they like to haggle. Never take their first offer, their job is to get the lowest cost for a quick BPO. Typical BPO call goes like this: "Hi, I need this BPO done in 5 minutes and I'll give you 2 dollars!". If they offer $50, they will most likely pay $75 on a drive-by BPO (most common). Don't take less than $100 for an interior BPO. You'll beat out the really greedy agent's bids and thus get more BPOs with these numbers but you won't get used either. Good luck and be careful which companies you work with!

Brendan

If you don't think $50 is enough, you should ask for more but don't be surprised if you don't get it. If you work in an area with lots of agents, many companies will just ask the next agent on the list if they want to do it for that price and believe me, someone will. I have turned down work due to a fee that I felt was too low, but I don't assume that just because I want X dollars to do the BPO that they will give it to me.

That pricing SUCKS. My Brother, who is a California Home appraiser, gets $250 for a Drive By appraisal.
    If you are looking for San Diego Real Estate or you want to view San Diego MLS listings (or at least that portion of the data feed that SANDICOR allows us to display on our websites) go to a local San Diego County real estate Agent's Site.

P.S. We Love Referrals!

A BPO isn't the same as an appraisal. If you want $250 to do it, you should become an appraiser

Hi,

I have reviewed all your comments, and I would like to express my comments here.

A BPO firm charge the prices always according to the nature of work. I have been doing work for many US and UK Clients and all of them are satisfied with our service and price rate.

As you know all Indian BPO firms (see I m from India) has less price rate for thier work and our US UK clients certainly utilise this as well.

Please let me know if you have any comments. My email ID is bus_sol07@yahoo.com

Thanks
    BP

also, please let me know if you would like to have our service for in very less price quote. We are ready for a price negotiation.

Thanks
    BP

They usually offer me $50 at first but I sweet talk them to $65-$75 I try to avoid companies like Clear Capital who will call you and ask you to verify you your information dozens of times before they pay you. The will use the usual "We had another BPO and it came in at 1800sqft and your says the home is 1900sqft. Can you verify?"

Question Re: BPO pricing???

That is so funny that you say that about Clear Capital. Maybe you are not doing them correctly? Maybe your market area varies a lot and they just want to make sure they get their client the most accurate info? Maybe the appraisals are coming in higher for their clients? Don't know really. I have never really had any problems with Clear Capital. Maybe a few clarifactions over e-mail. But no problems with payment or values .

Page 1 of 2 12 Last