An appeal to MIBOR - Indianapolis board of Realtors

8,828 Views

I just posted this as a comment on the NAR blog, but I thought that it probably deserved it's own post as it really should be directed at MIBOR and not NAR - basically we all know the change to the IDX verbiage will be passed it's just a matter of due dilligence (can't blame NAR for that I suppose) but it's also going to take time - all the while, we are stuck without indexable pages until this ruling passes (we being Paula Henry / Mike Taylor of http://www.reddoorindy.com and myself - yes, I consider myself part of the team)

So here is what I wrote on the NAR blog as a potential compromise - I would love to hear some comments from MIBOR members on this issue and I think everyone would like to see some good will and common sense prevail here (it would also help minimalize and reputation management issues MIBOR now has, but showing they can in fact act intellegently and in good faith)

Here is my comment  on the NAR blog

"And what happens to Paula Henry (MIBOR Member that started the agent genius thread discussing this) or her broker Mike Taylor of http://www.reddoorindy.com (Both of which are very loyal customers of Real Estate Webmasters and innocent victims of these politics) - I have already had our programming team block our /idx/ folders from being spidered in response to the very heavy handed MIBOR tactics (after trying to no avail to appeal the issue) - are they now expected to keep their listings blocked (This question is for MIBOR I suppose) until such time as this fully supported change is implemented?

6 months (or more) of competitive disadvantage due to processing time and due diligence? That just isn't fair to these dues paying, rules abiding members.

MIBOR I will be contacting you directly but I am going to post it here as well - would you consider a "stay of execution" (perhaps not the best choice of words in the surface but actually quite apt) until such time as this ruling has been passed or denied?

If it would help, I would be more than happy (at no charge to anyone) to not display / de-index the listings of any broker of MIBOR that specifically requests in writing that we not allow Google to index their clients listings. All we need is the broker name or associate ID, it is certainly not something that is technically difficult and I think would make a fair compromise.

This will pass - everyone knows it - why let just a few suffer (or risk a potential lawsuit) when everything negative about the future of this process can be avoided with a little common sense, and some fair compromise.

 

Comments

Enjoy this post? Why not share with friends or add a comment of your own?

Carolyn Gjerde-Tu

Morgan, this is what I've been thinking about on and off all day.

The MLS committee decided unanimously to approve the language and then a majority of the board of directors swayed by MIBOR (that is where the action came down) referred this back to committee?

OK then that cease and desist on Indy should go away until there is a FINAL decision. The MLS Committee already made a decision on this.

I'm spending some time tonight updating this post:

http://www.itkeepsyourunning.com/mibor-resources/

thataway61

That's cool, let them voluntarily put their own Dunce Cap on (perhaps they should get signed disclosures from all of their listing clients letting them know the good deeds they are doing for the protection of the sellers home data from those scurilous buyer agents that might bring them a ready, willing, and able buyer):

If it would help, I would be more than happy (at no charge to anyone) to not display / de-index the listings of any broker of MIBOR that specifically requests in writing that we not allow Google to index their clients listings. All we need is the broker name or associate ID, it is certainly not something that is technically difficult and I think would make a fair compromise.

Ron Ogden

This sounds like an excellent compromise solution that will undo some of the damage done to Paula Henry and Mike Taylor, while allowing MIBOR to back away from the issue gracefully. This is good for all concerned. MIBOR, are you listening?

Paula Henry

NAR posted this afternoon they will not advise on this particular ruling until the November session. Instead they will leave the decision to the local boards.

I can't imagine another board would take up this issue with one of their members, yet, I never imagined my board would make such a ridiculous interpretation of the existing rule.

Thanks everyone for marching with us! This would be a great resolution. MIBOR has asked us Mike and I to meet with them on Thursday afternoon. We will let you know the outcome.

Paula Henry

MIBOR decided - they will do nothing. We will wait until November.

http://googleisnotascraper.com/?p=45

Share your thoughts…