What happens in Vegas should not stay in Vegas: Inman Recap
We're back from Vegas!
We brought a team to Inman again this year and we had a great time connecting with industry movers and shakers. By nature, most of our client communication is done online. So we really value every opportunity we have to connect face to face.
But now what? Conferences don't end on the last day! Here are 5 ways you can follow up with your connections after a networking event, like Inman:
1. Send personalized emails: Reach out to the individuals you connected with via email. Craft personalized messages expressing your appreciation for meeting them and referencing specific conversations or topics discussed. Use this opportunity to further establish rapport and suggest potential ways to collaborate or continue the conversation.
2. Connect on LinkedIn: If you haven't already, send connection requests to the professionals you met at the event through LinkedIn. Include a personalized message reminding them of your encounter and expressing your interest in staying connected. LinkedIn provides a platform for ongoing professional networking and engagement. Add me if we're not already connected!
3. Schedule follow-up meetings: If you had meaningful conversations with certain individuals, consider arranging follow-up meetings or calls to delve deeper into the discussed topics or explore potential collaboration opportunities. By proactively scheduling these meetings, you demonstrate your commitment to building a professional relationship.
4. Share relevant resources: If you come across articles, blog posts, or resources related to the topics discussed during the event, share them with the individuals you met. This gesture shows your thoughtfulness and provides value to the connection. It can spark further discussion and demonstrate your continued interest in the conversation.
5. Attend related events or activities: Stay informed about upcoming events or activities related to your networking interests. If you discover an event that aligns with your previous conversations or the interests of the individuals you met, invite them to attend or inform them about it. By extending invitations and sharing valuable opportunities, you strengthen your network and foster ongoing engagement.
Remember, effective follow-up is timely and personalized. It helps solidify the connections you made and demonstrates your genuine interest in building professional relationships.
Next up... Washington D.C. for Morgan and then Utah for the rest of the gang! Will we see you there?
Inman 2023 Recap FAQ
How soon after the networking event should I send follow-up emails?
It's best to send follow-up emails within 24-48 hours after the networking event. This ensures that you're still fresh in the minds of the individuals you connect with.
What should I include in a personalized follow-up email?
In a personalized follow-up email, express your appreciation for meeting the individual, reference specific conversations or topics discussed during the event, and suggest potential ways to collaborate or continue the conversation.
How can I connect with professionals I met at the event on LinkedIn?
Send connection requests to the professionals you met at the event through LinkedIn. Include a personalized message reminding them of your encounter and expressing your interest in staying connected.
What is the benefit of scheduling follow-up meetings or calls?
Scheduling follow-up meetings or calls allows you to delve deeper into the topics discussed during the event and explore potential collaboration opportunities. It demonstrates your commitment to building a professional relationship.
How can I stay informed about related events or activities after the networking event?
Subscribe to newsletters, follow industry blogs, and join professional groups on social media platforms like LinkedIn to stay informed about upcoming events or activities related to your networking interests.