Having your own home search app offers an unprecedented level of client engagement. Over the past few months, we’ve seen huge adoption of the branded REW IDX App by top agents and brokers.
But how do you get your branded real estate app into the hands of home buyers?
We’ve assembled a list of actions that you can take today to get more people downloading and using your app.
But First... What is REW IDX App?
REW IDX App is a branded home search app for agents and brokers.
We've previously discussed why every real estate agent and brokerage should have their own app.
In short, apps offer a superior mobile experience, they drive customer engagement and follow-up, and they showcase you as a market-leading innovator.
But, you don't receive any of these benefits if no one actually uses the app.
That's why you need a solid understanding of what this app offers your customers, so you can sell it to them.
How to Pitch the App to Your Clients
Here are the major selling points to your clients:
- The app is simpler and easier to use on mobile
- The app offers a more lightweight search experience
- The app has advanced search tools like Augmented Reality and Search Nearby
- The app offers direct access to you, their agent
In short, by using this app, your clients can save time, stay organized, get better information, and, most importantly, find the home they're looking for.
And by helping your customers, the app also helps you. That’s why you’ll want as many people using it as possible.
So there’s some marketing work to be done.
To help you get started, here are some actions you can start today to get more people using your app.
Spread the Word
Research shows that most people become aware of an app due to some kind of referral, either from family, friends, or co-workers.
Absent an already large enough population of enthusiastic users to do this for you, you're going to need to be the kick-off point for this campaign.
1. Talk about your app! The first step is to tell your family, tell your friends, tell your colleagues.
2. Write a blog. You probably already have a blog on your website. so devote a post to it and publish it far and wide.
3. Blast it out on social. Use whatever social media accounts you have to communicate your excitement about the app. Tout its features on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and wherever else your clients are.
4. Promote it face to face. You meet with prospective clients regularly. At showings, over coffee, or at listing presentations. Pitch the app as a great way to stay in contact and get additional information.
And once you have your first group of users. nurture them. Offer assistance, advice, and support. Once you have this core of loyal users down. they can then carry the torch for you to a whole new set of users.
Paid advertising allows for guaranteed, targeted access to a wide range of people.
There are a few ways to do this:
5. In-app advertising. Using Google Ads Universal App Campaigns, you can advertise your app to people most likely to use it: those already using apps!
6. Run a search ad campaign. A good PPC campaign can do wonders, and Google allows tremendous granularity when targeting specific markets. For example, you can tailor your ads to searches like "real estate app", "home search app", or more generate real estate searches.
7. Display and video advertising. Display and video advertising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or the Google Display network are a greay way to visually show off your beautiful new app. You can even promote some of the socials posts mentioned earlier.
A relatively easy way to get your app out there is to use the marketing tools you already have: your website, email campaigns and so on.
Here are some ideas…
8. Have an auto-reply set up for newly-registered leads? Include a download link.
9. Create download links in an easy-to-spot location on your website.
10. Drip campaigns. Include a reminder about your app in your email campaigns.
11. Email signature. Include links to your app in your email signature.
12. Create a landing page. Create an SEO-optimized landing page that targets app-related keywords in your market and showcases the features of your app.
In short, start integrating links to the app in your current media and communications, and make the app easy to find.
Create Some Buzz
This may be harder to pull off, but the potential rewards are worth it. The plan is to get yourself featured on some existing media relevant to your market.
13. Pitch a story about your app to local media. Here we’re talking tech blogs, real estate magazines, business news outlets, or even podcasts. Send a polite letter to a writer or editor detailing what makes your app special or interesting from a business/tech/real estate perspective.
14. App reviews. Ask satisfied clients to leave 5-star reviews on Google Play or the App Store. You can also submit your app for review to one of the many app-review sites. This is a great way to get the features of your app touted to a wide audience and to earn some SEO-friendly backlinks.
There you have it.
Start following just a few of the strategies outlined above and you can start your journey to mobile success.
Learn More About REW IDX App
The REW IDX App is a tool that connects potential buyers directly to available inventory in their search area.
The app also offers a host of extra features to users, including various map and search tools, augmented reality functionality, list sorting, and more. And all of this comes packaged in an easy-to-use interface.
These attractive features mean the app will bring you new leads, and allow you to communicate with them more consistently.