Technical Support Representative (Tier 2)
Are you fresh out of post-secondary school (and have a certificate or degree in a computer science related discipline) or a seasoned programmer looking for an exciting and ever changing environment? If so, please send your resume so we can determine if you are a fit with one of Canada's fastest growing PHP development companies.
We're cooler than your current job:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and optical programs available (and for those with family members with special needs, we provide the option to double your coverage).
- All the coffee you can drink. We have the awesomest coffee machine, if you like to drink coffee this is the place for you! (We also have a wide assortment of teas.)
Job Description: The Technical Support Representative (Tier 2) will assist our clients in resolving outstanding issues as well as guide clients through our various products when called upon.
- Resolving bugs with our core products which include both our server and client side solutions.
- Migrating clients’ websites to different domains and/or servers.
- Moderating the Customer Support Forums, answering emails, as well as providing support over the phone.
- Answering incoming phone calls and redirecting callers to the appropriate individual or department.
- Writing tutorials and guides as necessary.
READ THIS! Position requirements:
This is a full time position. Please make sure you really do read the position requirements so that you don't waste our time or yours.
- Experience with SQL database technologies (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with command line environment
- A firm understanding of Object-Oriented based development
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to relocate. This position is "on-site". Applicants must be willing to relocate to the beautiful Harbour City, Nanaimo, BC (or appropriate commuting distance).
We like it if you have:
- Experience with web services
Please send your resumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Other Positions Currently Available:
- PHP/MySQL Web Programmer - code our clients' cool ideas into custom solutions!
- Sales (product consultants) - we have warm leads and a killer product lineup - closers welcome.
- Graphic / Web designer - web 2.0 stylists, let's see what you got!
- Markup Developer - markup maniacs and CSS ninjas, apply here!
- Search Engine Optimization - amazing designs are nothing without visibility.