BDX Cancellation

HI - I just received this email:
I’m writing to inform you that as of December 10th, 2019, Real Estate Webmasters is discontinuing the Builders Search Feed, or BDX as it’s commonly known.

As with all feeds, we are a third-party provider and are at the mercy of the supplier themselves. We have received notice that the current supplier of the BDX is no longer offering the feed, and as such we will be forced to discontinue the feed as well.

For those who are using the BDX … what is your plan?

You are correct they have discontinued the feed to all vendors (they have changed their business model) most users are just removing it from their site as there is no replacement. You can still of course have pages and do SEO on those building sites etc, there just wont be a feed of listings.

One suggestion: use the SEO and have a CTA and then also have “similar MLS listed homes” or something to draw comversions

Thanks for responding. 100% of our marketing (radio, print ads ect) is all new construction. Without the feed I’m not sure we could continue with the marketing plan. I get the pages built out for each community and we have them to a degree.

I have a call into BDX.

Not sure if this is an option on your MLS board, but if you have a “Year Built” IDX panel you could make some snippets for homes built in in say 2019 and drive the traffic to those pages.

1 Like

Good point @Whitby! Some boards even have a field for “New Construction” Yes / No sort of thing that could be used to build pages out of new construction homes!

1 Like

What does that mean exactly. Have no idea what a BDX feed is.

It’s an old “IDX style” feed of buildings provided by New Home Source, but they are no longer offering it. It was limited to value in only certain areas where they had lots of inventory.