Gmail and Yahoo updated sender requirements for spam?

How will REW be ensuring that these requirements are met so that campaign and listing alerts emails do not get dinged going to gmail and yahoo leads since those do not go through an agents own email service (we have Google Workspace and our own SendGrid key but that only affects emails being sent through our own server).

Specifically looking at items 8 and 9 in this post:

8. For direct mail, the domain in the sender’s From: header must be aligned with either the SPF domain or the DKIM domain.

What does it mean? You need to pass DMARC alignment to satisfy this requirement. The domain you include in your From: header must align with either the SPF domain or the DKIM domain. Alignment refers to the verification that the DKIM and SPF signatures in your email headers align with the domain you’ve authenticated your SendGrid account with.

What should I do? In a simplified answer, you need to ensure the “from” address you are specifying in the “From: header” matches the domain you authenticated with SPF or DKIM. Beyond the simplified answer, there is strict alignment and relaxed alignment and several scenarios (including the use of subdomains) you need to consider. Thankfully, Google has an entire blog post on explaining those scenarios in great detail.

Will we need to add additional records to our domains? In our specific case our team uses a different, shorter email server domain than that what our REW website is hosted with.

9. For subscribed messages, enable one-click unsubscribe and include a clearly visible unsubscribe link in the message body.

What does it mean? One-click unsubscribe (list unsubscribe) provides a second method for subscribers to easily remove themselves from your mailing list. The List-Unsubscribe header will insert an “unsubscribe” button, or link, next to the From address at the top of your email.

What should I do? If you enable SendGrid’s subscription tracking feature, SendGrid will automatically insert the List-Unsubscribe header in all of your text and HTML emails. Alternatively, if you do not want to use subscription tracking, there are steps you can take to implement list-unsubscribe. The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) recently provided a clear distinction between what classifies as a transactional email vs commercial email.

If you have your own sendgrid key, you should be able to use that at REW (vs REW’s global key) in which case it would be sending via your sendgrid.

The rest is above my Paygrade but perhaps @Richard has some additional context. Might be a bit too advanced a discussion for the forum though.

Hi Garrett, I’m your new Account Manager, I’ll reach out to you today to discuss. I can help you get this sorted :blush: