Hi all, just seeing if anyone is having issues like this? I get many signups (daily) where the contacts use the domain 163com but this message almost rubs it in that this advertising/spam network knows how to beat the filters. Any suggestions?

" Hello! Since you’re reading this message then you’ve proved that ads submitted via web contact forms like yours works! We can send your promotional message to people via their contact us form on their website. The advantage of this type of advertising is that messages sent through feedback forms are automatically whitelisted. This improves the likelihood that your advertisement will be seen. No Pay per click costs! Pay a one time fee and reach millions of people. For details please send an email…"

Well that’s ignorant! Ironically it could be a manual submission and not actually “beating the form” - either way, perhaps report it to support@ not sure if they cam block it or not

I’ve been getting a ton of spam leads both on contact forms and registrations to the tune of 10-20 daily!! I’ve contacted support twice, as has Lang Realty, and we are told they are “looking into it”. This never happened on previous sites we have had with REW and with the increased cost of hosting you’d think they would have a more secure server.

We are getting hit with spam leads too for the last week or two. 17 out 20 per screen on our leads list are spam leads. Their IP addresses say they are coming in from Eastern Europe, but I’ve seen Canada and some Western European countries too. We are mostly getting them from our lead valuation forms. I’ll email the REW Support Team too.

Hi Victor!

As you are on an older site http://www.thecascadeteam.com - it is not going to receive updates that implement additional steps to help prevent spam leads from registering on the site. The new sites have a new way of doing the spam prevention. I believe I talked about it previously in this thread. So at this time for the older site, you could contact your account manager to add something like a captcha.

On the newer discover site, we have fixes that can be applied if your site isn’t getting the automated updates. I believe you have a new discover site going live soon, so that may be the best option to get that site live and then use that sites built in spam protection.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. Yes, we’re moving to Discover in a week or two. Good to hear it has additional spam prevention so we’ll just wait for that.

Hi @brianpearl I’m adding the spam prevention code to the pearlantonacci.com site now. I am in the process of pushing it live now. From the other sites we’ve added this code into, it’s worked well. I should have this live within the half hour here. Thanks!

Do let us know how it works for you @brianpearl thanks

So far it’s helped reduce a lot of the spam, but I won’t be able to tell how well it works until my site regains traction since we moved brianpearlrealestate.com to pearlantonacci.com at the same time as the spam began coming in, so we’ll see and I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like