Text Autoresponders

We just added the texting module and need to set up the texting autoresponder… what are your best ones?

Anybody? What are your best text autorseponders?

We’re just looking at adding the text module - can you actually set up a text autoresponder? We were told it’s not available. We also wanted to add texting into our drip campaign/action plan - do you know if that is available? Any info is appreciated.

I thought it had text drips etc… maybe it doesn’t (yet).

I don’t think it has text auto responders, but that is definitely something I’d love to see added to the roadmap if it’s not already available (REW CRM users) @Aayaam can you find out about this? Is there autoresponders? If no, can we set them up?

As for drips: you can set up action plans for your leads that have texting built in and those texts can be automated I believe.

Morgan, Thanks for tagging me on the post. Yes, I can confirm we have auto text responders in our REWCRM today. Flasch186 and lorireece, you can set up auto text responders by accessing CRM>Tools>REWText Auto-Responders on your backend.

Also, Morgan is right, you can automate texts when setting up action plans for your leads. Please let us know if you face any issues and we will have your AM reach out to you. Thanks!

Would you mind sharing the best ones? I think I want to get these set up on Monday… just the same one for everyone but what should it say as best practice?

@Flasch186 We don’t have this data on auto respond text best practices however it’s a great question. Could anyone else share examples of what works best for your client/lead base? Thank you