Texting within company to and from agents

Do not understand why we cannot text from agent to agent within the CRM? Can this enhancement be added?

Best.

SWPRE accepting real estate agent and broker applications

George Arnold Alexander, MPA, Broker Associate
CFO, SWPRE & SWPRE Philanthropy
m +1 713.918.9951
o +1 512.577.0079
e george@swpre.com
w https://swpre.com/

Legal notices: TREC Consumer Protection Notice Information About Brokerage Services

The CRM is built to be agent to consumer (it’s not an intercompany communication system) but it is an interesting suggestion. I’ll have @Aayaam put it on the suggestions list for future consideration.

A few comments thought:

1: Do agents not already have each other’s phone numbers? Why would you want them texting from a system with a different phone number?

2: REW uses a third party service for best deliverability but it does have a cost (Twillio) it’s roughly $.02 a text I think, which is really nothing (folks rarely go over the 2,500 texts included in their $50 subscription, but having agents text each other would increase this usage costs.

Thoughts?

As a work around, I suppose you could always add agents as leads as well and then you could text them :slight_smile:

1 Like

@swpre Interesting… what type of communications are shared / would be shared between the agents?

Renee, Thanks for response. We already do the work around suggested but it is cumbersome. For each agent, we have built a text account to each of the agents to me and to our CEO. That is an issue. In the admin account, there are many contacts for each person.

Renee, in business including real estate, from a legal perspective, if a communication is not documented, it did not occur. We have both in house counsel and in house paralegal.

Capturing text within the system instead of relying on each users phone to be the legal repository of texts is well… Dysfunctional and from a risk management perspective (my purview as the CFO), is a big gap in our risk management.

We want to document every communication. With this limitation, I am the only person currently using the system to text within the company. We cannot request compliance by agents/brokers in the current situation.

Respectfully,

SWPRE accepting real estate agent and broker applications

George Arnold Alexander, MPA, Broker Associate
CFO, SWPRE & SWPRE Philanthropy
m +1 713.918.9951
o +1 512.577.0079
e george@swpre.com
w https://swpre.com/

Legal notices: TREC Consumer Protection Notice Information About Brokerage Services