Blog hero picture

How can I change the hero image on our main blog page?

Hi TeriLynn,

1. Click on Settings (from the hamburger menu in the top right corner)

2. Click on blog.

1. Scroll down to the bottom and click “Upload New”

This will change your hero image on the blog page!

Thanks,

1 Like

AND if you need help with dimensions, check out Photo best practices - #14 by AmyPye

2 Likes

Hi Amy,

I’m using the small measurement for the hero picture, but the whole picture doesn’t display, just a portion of it. Do you know why this is? Thanks

What I would LOVE to see is an option for different templates for blog post. A large hero image isn’t necessary for some post

I don’t think you have to use the hero feature (so would not show a hero)

Thank you Morgan. I’ve tried looking but couldn’t find where you can disable the hero image in blog post. If you don’t upload an image it just shows a black rectangle

@NGarrett, did you figure this out yet? It appears to be an “issue” and I wonder if it’s been addressed yet.
See my site for an example:
Nanaimo Real Estate Update: January 2021 (rewtemplates.com)

@NGarrett, The blog post page reflects the content template by default. So, if an image is not uploaded in a/any individual blog post, it would fall back to the default template with the black header. I hope this helps.

Ok, thank you. Maybe in a future update we can have it changed where we have the option to choose between the Content template and Basic template (without the Hero image)

1 Like

Yes, it’s not easy to come up with a high-res image to use, every time we want to post about mundane market info!

1 Like

Thank you. We wanted our home page to show only properties on the Avalon, not the whole province. How do I fix this? Thanks!