Advice on Action Plans vs Campaigns

I’m looking for advice on when people are using Action Plans vs. Campaigns. We are still relatively new to the REW CRM and still learning our way around it and I’m having a hard time finding answers to the following questions

1. Action Plans automate emails, so why would one set up a Campaign when the same work is done within Action Plan?

2. Since agents can’t create Action Plans, is Campaigns more used at the Agent level?

3. I have the {unsubscribe} tag set up in my Templates, but emails in Action Plans don’t seem to be able to connect with Templates. Do I need to add that tag to all the agent signatures? Or to the individual emails?

4. For either Campaign or Action plan, is there an automated way to reassign a lead to another plan or campaign once the plan or campaign has ended?

5. To confirm, the trigger to activate the Campaign is adding the lead to a Group?

2 Likes

Hi @AdamStuhlfaut ,

Thank you for reaching out with your inquiries! I am going to get some more information for you and will get back to you.

Thank you!

Would love to see answers to great questions like these posted for the rest of us… Otherwise, what is the difference between a forum and a contact form if you just contacted OP back directly?

1 Like

Hello,
Below are the answers and clarifications to the questions received from @AdamStuhlfaut @ashby45
1. Action Plans automate emails, so why would one set up a Campaign when the same work is done within Action Plan?
With Action Plans- It is similar to a “task list” so you can set up calls, emails and search.
With Campaigns- these are the scheduled emails, similar to a “marketing campaign”

2. Since agents can’t create Action Plans, is Campaigns more used at the Agent level?
Action Plans have to be created under the “super admin” profile and then can be sent from the agent’s profile. If using the Campaign feature is more efficient for the agents then they can continue to use this. But both features are beneficial and great in their own ways.

1. I have the {unsubscribe} tag set up in my Templates, but emails in Action Plans don’t seem to be able to connect with Templates. Do I need to add that tag to all the agent signatures? Or to the individual emails?
    Right now, this template is not available outside of the Campaign feature but is a feature we are working on getting released in the near future. Stay tuned for our next updated release.

4. For either Campaign or Action plan, is there an automated way to reassign a lead to another plan or campaign once the plan or campaign has ended?
As long as the “group” is created - this can then be added to the new lead/campaign for it to send out. As of right now, the group does have to be manually added to either the campaign or Action Plan. - This is a great inquiry and has been shared.

5. To confirm, the trigger to activate the Campaign is adding the lead to a Group?
To activate the Campaign, you just need to use the Activate Toggle at the top right hand of the screen.

Our new release has some great enhancements and compliments some of our key features.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Thanks for this! helpful!