Filtering Cities and IDX Feeds

Hi everyone. Wanted to see if tweaking the ‘Search Settings’ section on this page /backend/settings/idx/ will actually filter out what listings are shown AND indexed on our site?

What does this section fully do?

28%20AM

Hi Jared,

This is how we have ours set up. I assumed I needed to select the cities I wanted to be included or available in the search but I might be wrong.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks Lana. That is what I assumed as well.

Hey @jchamberlain ,

Lana is correct, this field allows you to filter what the front end user sees when they try to refine their search by city. When you type a city into this box it will begin to auto-populate with the available criteria.

Taking a look at your site, it looks like you do not have city selected as an option for the front end users to refine their search by:

If you would like to add City to the search bar criteria, please follow these instructions:

1. Navigate to Listings in the backend.
  2. Select ‘Searches’ from the left side menu, then select ‘default search’.
  3. Scroll down and select ‘Add a Panel’, find ‘City’ and click ‘add’.
  4. Once you select Save at the bottom of this screen, front end users on the Map IDX page will be able to click ‘More’ and view all of the available cities.
  5. To limit the number of cities the user sees, you would then go back into the backend and select ‘Settings’.
  6. Click IDX from the left side menu, you can now input the cities you want the user to choose from.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Cheers,
Lys
Squad Lead | Customer Success Manager

2 Likes