Lead follow up and action plans using REW CRM (actual video of team training by REW CEO)

Hello all,

I wanted to share with you the training that I recently did for our local team here at www.carlycarey.com

Here’s the video:

The most important lesson I have learned about CRM follow-up

Are you ready for it? …

It’s not complicated!! << That’s the lesson!

And there is nothing more you “NEED” to add.

What you need to do is get comfortable auditing your agents and ensuring they are committed to the basics. You need to constantly review and hold them accountable to the tasks they have committed to.

That’s it. That will guarantee you success.

How do I know?

We have a brand new agent on the team (2 months in the business) and in the last 30 days, she has 4 accepted offers and 1 more out for negotiation.

And she’s following these steps.

Is the team perfect No! Perfection is not the goal (and it’s impossible).

But we have a long way to go if I’m honest before the team is comfortable and truly embracing the grind that is lead follow-up. And let’s be real, it IS a grind. (All prospecting is)

Here are a few tips to help you:

#1: You CANNOT ask agents to be ISA’s all day long. They have 2 hours max of “good” CRM work in them every day. So what you should do is get them to commit to 1-1.5 hours in the morning (the same time slot every day) and go through their leads in priority order (speed to lead for new first and then work backwards) and then do their follow up calls for 30 mins to 1 hour much later in the day. < As their leader you should check in before and after their ISA slot to provide any coaching / mentoring, and in the moment training required.

#2: Repeat the phrases “speed to lead” and “non-negotiable” over and over again (and in the same sentence). It’s so easy for agents to agree with the premise that speed to lead is important. And it’s 10000% proven that speed to lead dramatically improves conversion. Agents get it when you tell them. They understand and agree that it’s important. But if you don’t remind them every day, they will slip back into a non-urgent mindset and speed to lead will suffer.

#3: Step accepting (or even entertaining) explanations from the agents.

“I couldn’t speed to lead I was driving”
“I was in the middle of writing up an offer”
“I was at lunch and didn’t want to be rude”
“It was after 5 PM so I didn’t want to bother the lead”

Sometimes in their minds (and even in yours) their excuses will seem super valid. But it’s not the point of the exercise. Don’t allow explanations as to “why” (because it doesn’t matter). The question is “did you speed to lead?” If the answer is no, that is the only answer. Stop allowing “No…but it’s because” - the skills agents need to develop is protection of their time + prioritization. < so instead, help them develop those skills.

Listen, you’re not their boss (even if you’re their team leader), so it’s not for you to pass judgment on their reasons anyways. What you are though, is the owner of those leads, and that agent signed a contract to follow up right away with the leads immediately.

Hold them to their commitments and ONLY accept yes or no as an answer to “did you speed to lead”.

You can provide positive re-enforcement, training and support - but only they can fix their speed to lead.

#4: Pause their leads (often) - if you’re monitoring agents follow up and they are falling behind. Then turn off their leads. This should not be presented as a punishment, but rather as a supporting action.

“I see you’re overwhelmed and falling behind on your lead follow-up. I’m going to pause them until you catch up.”

It’s a simple self-correcting mechanism.

Agents want the “new” leads (they are the best leads) and so if you consistently hold them accountable for the ones that were new (yesterday, or last week) they will take the actions necessary to regain access to the brand-new leads.

Not complicated.

The REAL challenge isn’t for the agents. It’s for you.

A lot of leaders say they are willing to commit the time it takes to check in and that they will hold the team members accountable. And as soon as they get busy (or get any pushback at all from the agents) they cave and stop doing the basic of check in and accountability.

Either do it (your agents are counting on you and need this support)
Or don’t (and don’t run an e-team, because you’ll fail).

1 Like