Simple Website SEO Strategies, Tips & Ideas

Creating content for inbound lead generation is STILL a great way to generate traffic… especially because fewer real estate pros and companies are actually doing it and doing it well! So there are still open waters to attract your community of clients and prospects. But if you create some content around these basic content categories, over time you’ll get an idea of what keywords and topics create the most inbound traffic, which obviously will also help you determine, the buyer intent! Have any other strategies?

When someone does a Google search, what are they typically doing? They are trying to find a solution to their problem, right?

So how can you easily identify these problems people are searching for?

Typically, you want to look for 3 types of keyword phrases:

1. Real Estate Questions – people type in questions because they are looking for answers. And if your product or service helps answer those questions, you’ll see a boost in conversions.

2. Comparisons – when someone is searching for comparison keywords such as “MailChimp VS Converkit” there is high buyer intent, even if your company isn’t mentioned in the search phase.

3. Prepositions – when keywords contain a preposition, they tend to be more descriptive. If you aren’t sure what a preposition is, simple prepositions are words like at, for, in, off, on, over, and under. These common prepositions can be used to describe a location, time, or place.

2 Likes

Awesome topic! Love the SEO stuff!

can you give some examples of queries containing prepositions or how Realtors might think about incorporating them into their content?

1 Like

So, targeted questions might be:

For Buyers:

What questions should I ask my agent if I’m buying a home in Rocklin?

For Sellers:

What paint color should I paint my home to sell to get the highest dollar?
How do I prepare my home to sell?
How do I prepare for a home appraisal?
What should I fix in my home to sell it?
How do I interview a real estate agent?
Can I negotiate commission with my agent?

Comparison:

Should I get a Realtor or a real estate agent? What the difference?
Curb Appeal or home interior staging? What’s more important to invest in?

I think using Google and a variety of SEO tools can help you find those right words and phrases too.

1 Like

I am a producing broker/owner and a few weeks ago I had a first time home buyer reach out to me for an interview. He found me via my Zillow reviews. He was interviewing SEVEN agents. Guess what he does for a living… hint: engineer
Anyway, I asked him for a copy of the questions he came with. I have given these to my agents and told them these are FABULOUS blog posts and have also asked them to learn their own answers to these questions so that they will ace their next buyer consult.
I plan on writing posts for the brokerage around these questions as well. Hope you guys find these useful!

• How long have you been working in residential real estate and why did you decide to get in this business?
• Are you a member of the National Association of Realtors (NAR)? Do you have any Realtor designations/certifications?
• How well do you know the area (ex: Ascension Parish)?
• How will you help me search for a home?
• How will you keep me informed during the process?
• What’s your approach to winning a bidding war?
• How will you help me gauge the market value of the house and it’s past and future potential?
• Can you tell me about your typical negotiation style and experience?
• How will you help me negotiate our requests from inspections?
• Will you be able to help me find other professionals (contractors, home inspectors, pest-control, painters, cleaners, etc.)?
• What will be your availability during the process? Are there days or times that you will be unavailable?
• What are the top things that sets you apart from other Realtors?
• If I select you, what’s the next thing that we will need to do to get started?
• Is there anything that I have not asked you that you think I should know?

3 Likes