I’d like to spark a discussion about a topic that’s gained a lot of momentum in the SEO and digital marketing world - video content. I’ve seen many real estate professionals incorporating it into their strategy, and if you’re not, you might be missing out on some substantial opportunities.
Why use video content? Simply, it has the ability to engage audiences in a deeper way, using visual, auditory, and emotional connection that text cannot.
By last year, online video made up over 82% of all consumer internet traffic.
I’m sure that number has risen, albeit slightly, since then.
Video content does more than just engage your audience, I’ve also seen it be pivotal in SEO strategies. Google’s algorithm places a huge value on video content, and in the context of real estate it’s a great way to bolster any existing blog content you might have.
For example, if you already have a blog post on amenities, attractions, or entertainment in XYZ city, why not create a video about the best restaurants, or something else you know a lot about?
When creating video content, quick wins often include:
- Time stamping your videos appropriately
- Optimizing your title, tags, and description
- Add a proper transcript - YouTube’s automatic transcripts are usually good, but not perfect.
For those who have committed to using video content in their real estate SEO or digital marketing strategies, I’m curious:
- What types of videos have you made? What kinds of videos get a response from your audience?
- Do you think video content has made a positive impact for your SEO performance?
- Any tips or recommendations for creating video content, particularly those who are short on time or on a budget?
I’m looking forward to your thoughts, experiences, and perspectives.