Is Your Real Estate SEO Company Legit? Ask These 5 Questions
What You Need to Know
1. Can you provide case studies or examples of other real estate businesses you’ve helped?
Just as with any other SEO company, you’ll want to see some real evidence of success in the real estate industry. Ask for specific examples of SEO services for real estate agents they’ve worked with in the past to help increase their online visibility and lead generation.
Why you ask?
- Proven success: Case studies provide tangible evidence of an SEO company's capabilities. They demonstrate that the company has a track record of success - not only do they show they can talk the talk, but also walk the walk.
- Relevance to your business: They also show the firm's experience in your industry or niche. This is important because every industry has nuances that not everyone is going to understand - real estate is no different.
- Insight into strategy and approach: By examining their tactics and execution in past cases, you can gauge how they might tackle your business's SEO challenges.
- Reliability and accountability: If a company can showcase successful case studies, it implies they stand behind their service and are accountable for their results.
Remember, partnering with an SEO agency is not a trivial matter - it's about forging a relationship with a team that understands your business's specific needs and is equipped to drive your online presence and success.
2. What is your approach to local SEO?
Asking an SEO agency about their local SEO strategy is crucial, especially in the real estate industry where geographical relevance to gain a competitive advantage locally is heavily relied upon.
Let's explore this further:
- Geographical relevance: In the real estate industry, location is everything. Local SEO strategies allow you to target potential clients in specific geographical areas. A well-tailored approach can help your business attract hyper-local leads and enhance your online presence.
- Competitive advantage: Effective local SEO provides a significant edge. If for example, you're selling luxury condos in Florida, a real estate SEO agency can help you appear in local search results and Google's local pack, which drives more targeted traffic to your site.
- Online presence and reputation: In this digital age, online visibility is key. Solid local SEO practices can enhance your online presence, boost your rankings, and improve your reputation in the local community.
In short - the more adept an agency is at local SEO, the more it can boost your visibility among local property searchers.
The world of real estate is deeply local, and with the right SEO company, your online presence can reflect that reality, ensuring that when local customers think of real estate, they think of you.
3. What’s your approach to improving search engine rankings?
This will help you understand their methods. Beware of any agency that promises specific results like “ranking #1 in under 30 days” or fast results - SEO is a long-term process.
They should also be familiar with the three domains of SEO:
- Technical: Website structure
- On-page optimization: Keyword research, keyword usage, internal linking, image optimization, and user experience
- Off-page optimization: Linking
This is not an exhaustive list, but you should have an idea of the company’s strategy for SEO after asking this question.
However, not all SEO practices are created equal. It's essential to ensure the agency only uses "white hat" techniques:
- Ethical SEO: "White hat" SEO refers to the use of ethical strategies that align with search engines' rules and policies. Using "white hat" techniques can improve your rankings while maintaining the integrity of your website and business.
- Long-term success: Unlike "black hat" methods, which can lead to penalties and a drop in rankings, "white hat" SEO aims for steady, long-term growth and credibility in search engine rankings. This is particularly important in the real estate industry, where building a reputation for trustworthiness and reliability is key.
By asking the right questions and making informed choices, you can set your real estate business up for sustainable growth and success.
4. How do you address keyword research and content creation for real estate businesses?
Keyword research and content creation are two fundamental aspects of a successful SEO strategy, but why should you ask? It's all about relevance and engagement.
Keyword research: In the SEO context, it involves identifying the words and phrases that potential customers are using to search for services like yours. A well-rounded real estate SEO agency should be able to share its approach to finding and selecting the keywords that are relevant to your business.
- Relevance: Effective keyword research ensures that your website is relevant to the searches your potential clients are making. By using the right keywords in your content, you're more likely to show up in search results when someone is looking for real estate services in their area.
- Competitive analysis: Great keyword research also includes an analysis of what your competitors are doing. This can help you differentiate your business and find niche markets that may be less competitive/more lucrative.
Content creation: When it comes to SEO, content is king. It's the vehicle that carries your keywords and connects with your audience. In the real estate industry, this can involve everything from blog posts about local housing markets to informative articles about the home-buying process.
- Engagement: High-quality, relevant content can engage your audience and keep them on your site longer, which can improve your search engine rankings. It's also an opportunity to establish your business as an expert in the real estate industry.
- Conversion: Ultimately the goal of your website is to convert visitors into clients. Great content, combined with strategic keyword use, can persuade visitors to take the next step, whether it's contacting your agency or signing up for a newsletter.
In the real estate industry, where competition is fierce and trust is key, asking about an agency's approach to keyword research and content creation is vital. It helps ensure your website speaks directly to your audience's needs and stands out from the crowd.
5. What metrics will you use to measure the success of your SEO efforts?
Understanding the effectiveness and value of SEO efforts truly is a learned skill. Having an established real estate SEO company that knows which data to report to you each month will give you clarity about whether the relationship you have with them is working.
But what data really matters?
Understanding effectiveness: SEO is a long-term strategy, and it's important to keep tabs on the impact made over time. This typically involves a variety of metrics, each giving insight into a different aspect of your SEO performance.
- Traffic metrics: These might include the number of visits to your website, where these visitors are coming from (organic search, social media, direct visits, etc.), and which pages they're visiting. An increase in organic traffic is usually a good sign that something is working, but whether that traffic is converting is a different story.
- Engagement metrics: These can include things like bounce rate (the percentage of visitors who leave your site after viewing only one page), average session duration, and pages per session. These metrics help determine whether visitors are finding your site useful and engaging.
Understanding value: Metrics can also demonstrate the value that SEO is bringing to your business, which is especially important in the competitive world of real estate.
- Conversion metrics: These include the number of leads or inquiries generated, the number of newsletter sign-ups, or the number of property viewings booked through your site. These metrics show how SEO contributes to your bottom line.
- Ranking metrics: These show where your website appears in search engine results for certain keywords. Higher rankings can increase your visibility and credibility, and in real estate, this makes the difference in whether a potential client finds your website or a competitor.
The right metrics can give you an idea of your SEO performance, where things are working, and what needs improvement. In the end, knowing these numbers isn't only about understanding where you've been, but where you're going.
Hiring a Real Estate SEO Agency FAQ
It is cost-effective to hire an SEO real estate agency?
While there's an upfront cost, SEO is all about the long-term, and returns on investment can be substantial. With more organic traffic, you'll generally have higher conversion rates than paid traffic.
Do I have to work with an SEO company that specializes in real estate?
Not necessarily, no - but specialized agencies like REW have in-depth industry knowledge and industry-specific tools that generalists simply won't have.
How long does it take to see results after hiring an SEO real estate partner?
As mentioned above, SEO is a long-term investment, and it can take several months to start seeing significant results.
Can't I just do the SEO for my real estate business myself?
While it's possible to learn the basics of SEO, it's a complex industry that's constantly changing. REW not only has the expertise to navigate these complexities but also the understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities of the real estate industry.
Can you guarantee a #1 ranking on Google?
No reputable SEO agency can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google. However, a reputable agency can help improve your website's visibility and rankings over time.